The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MAnnaMM
I reckon if you're 7th percentile and above you're good for most places :smile:

I hope so - I'm in the 9th decile and I would love to be able to go to Newcastle :smile:
Original post by preetg97
I hope so - I'm in the 9th decile and I would love to be able to go to Newcastle :smile:

I'm also applying to Newcastle! Loved it on the open day.
Good luck :smile:
Original post by MAnnaMM
I'm also applying to Newcastle! Loved it on the open day.
Good luck :smile:

Thanks, you too! I'm praying that I'm at a slight advantage because I've already got my grades but we will see! :smile:
Thanks, you too! I'm praying that I'm at a slight advantage because I've already got my grades but we will see! :smile:

I also already have my grades, haha, at least there's no pressure in August!
Original post by MAnnaMM
I also already have my grades, haha, at least there's no pressure in August!

I know thank god.. Don't think I could go through A-levels again!
I know thank god.. Don't think I could go through A-levels again!

Ikr! What's are you putting as your 5th? I was thinking Newcastle biomed
Original post by MAnnaMM
Ikr! What's are you putting as your 5th? I was thinking Newcastle biomed

I'm not too sure, but definitely applying to Aston because it's fairly local and I love the university haha
Should I apply to Sheffield with Band 1 and 2432?
I'm not too sure, but definitely applying to Aston because it's fairly local and I love the university haha

That's fair enough :smile:
Original post by taffi5013
Should I apply to Sheffield with Band 1 and 2432?

2432 is extremely risky.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 790
2570 good enough for Sheffield?
2432 is extremely risky.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I Know, the UKCAT was so bad. I heard they regard the SJT section very highly though. Im predicted an A*AA, hoping my academic can compensate
Was just wondering was anyone applying like me, I have good GCSEs (6A* and 4A) but I did not do well at AS. However I am still predicted AAA at a level, my ukcat is 2520. At the minute I am very worried about getting interviews as I am afraid universities look at AS more than they say they do
Original post by sarahfan
Was just wondering was anyone applying like me, I have good GCSEs (6A* and 4A) but I did not do well at AS. However I am still predicted AAA at a level, my ukcat is 2520. At the minute I am very worried about getting interviews as I am afraid universities look at AS more than they say they do

If a uni says they don't look at AS just trust them and assume they don't. If you're really worried apply for 3 dentistry and 2 back up? But you've done better than me in the UKCAT if that's any help and I've applied to 4 dentistry. Just hope for the best, you never know.
Have people sent off their applications yet😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by confusedkid18
Have people sent off their applications yet😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

My application was sent to my head teacher yesterday, she's looking over it then if everything is ok she's sending it Monday morning.
Applications gone. Eek.

:eek:
How do you know in which decile is your UKCAT score? Sorry if the question is rather stupid.
image.png
Original post by arinabelovska
How do you know in which decile is your UKCAT score? Sorry if the question is rather stupid.
Original post by arinabelovska

http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/uploads/pdf/UKCAT%20Test%20Statistics%202012%20to%202015.pdf

Take a look at the table and the information on top. The numbers given in the table are the maximum that you can have to be part of a given decile. :smile:

Latest