The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fangbandit
Newcastle will let us know before Christmas

Plymouth will start to send out interviews on Monday apparently.
Do Glasgow release UKCAT cut offs?
what's manchester ukcat cutoffs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone learning off interview answers yet?
Original post by calculator21
For actual dentistry and clinical/practical work it has to be the best dental course (I'm not being biased here). We get so much practical work which makes the course soooo sick. We are starting on real patients in February which no other dental school can get any where near. The work rate is perfect imo and if you're well organised then you'll be fine, its actually so chilled.
Wow that sounds great :biggrin: I read in that the course involves self-directed learning; is this like PBL?
It hasn't been released yet
Original post by goldenshades
Wow that sounds great :biggrin: I read in that the course involves self-directed learning; is this like PBL?

Yep its called EBL (enquiry based learning) pretty much the same thing. There are still lectures and presentations as well but they're in just the right amount.
Has anyone heard of any manchester rejections?
Original post by Randomer98
Has anyone heard of any manchester rejections?

There was someone earlier in the thread 😕 I might call up Manchester on a friend's phone to ask how and when they're dealing out interviews but I'm not sure if I can be arsed 😂
Haha they don't know themselves yet, but don't think they will release it when they decide
Original post by preetg97
I'm in my gap year too. If I don't get in then I might think of going abroad because I'm worried that I won't get an offer from my 5th choice even though my grades are good :frown:

What have you chosen for your 5th? I didn't put one down :/
Original post by TheNeonTrousers

Optometry, purely because that's the course I originally applied to last year :tongue:
Original post by preetg97
Optometry, purely because that's the course I originally applied to last year :tongue:

Oooh! Well good luck with it! Wasn't it tricky adjusting a personal statement to suit both courses, however?
Oooh! Well good luck with it! Wasn't it tricky adjusting a personal statement to suit both courses, however?

My personal statement was purely for dentistry. Just trying my luck tbh :smile:

I'm pretty sure you can still add a 5th choice until Jan 15th if you changed your mind :smile:
Original post by fangbandit
I don't suppose anyone knows when Bristol are interviewing this year? As in dates they could give us?

I had written down from the open day the 1st and 2nd Wednesday of January and February, but I would email them to confirm if your not sure
Have you heard back from them??
😊
Reply 1396
Not until after they interview and give out offers :-)
Original post by steve909
Do Glasgow release UKCAT cut offs?
Unconditional from my backup 🤓
Reply 1398
Well done! Do you mind me asking where and what course???
Original post by rakib567
Unconditional from my backup 🤓
Original post by Elizabeth_rose14
I had written down from the open day the 1st and 2nd Wednesday of January and February, but I would email them to confirm if your not sure
Have you heard back from them??
😊

Okay thank you and I will. No I've heard nothing, have you?

Latest