The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Raaaas
Hey, at GCSE I achieved 5A*, 3A 1B and a Distinction in ICT (counts as 2 A's), the B I got was in English Language, so it kind of limits where I can apply but I'm thinking of applying to Manchester, Plymouth, Newcastle and Barts or Kings you?

I know how it feels to do so well in everything apart from English language- the one they really look for *sigh*. I got a B in language and an A* in Literature... not...fairrr
Original post by preetg97
If it would put your mind at ease you could phone and ask when the next batches are going out? I wouldn't worry yourself about it though because you could just be in the next batch :smile:

thank you, i really hope i am in the next batch though!:K:
Original post by yack106
thank you, i really hope i am in the next batch though!:K:

I hope so too :smile:

Where else did you apply?
Original post by Randomer98
I too recieved a Manc email yday afternoon for an interview on the 2nd. But as I am currently unwell I emailed them asking if I could rearrange as I would not be at my best. They were very nice about it and said next batch would be in Feb and no worries. So it'll be fine.

did they send you an email reply or...

cause the lady on the phone said my reason for being unable to attend was a reasonable one so id definitely be in for februarys batch but i didn't get an email from them?
does anyone know when QM are going to email out interviews, or if they've released interview dates?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OmarTheGreat
did they send you an email reply or...

cause the lady on the phone said my reason for being unable to attend was a reasonable one so id definitely be in for februarys batch but i didn't get an email from them?

I emailed them and got an email back- but make sure you email the ugadmissions address which is highlighted and not just reply to the invite email which I believe is Mrs Teresa Smiths's email
I emailed at like 7am this morning and got a reply at 8:30am!
Original post by fezza09
does anyone know when QM are going to email out interviews, or if they've released interview dates?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mid December I think :smile:
Do you know about Newcastle by any chance?
Original post by goldenshades
Do you know about Newcastle by any chance?

Same time as Barts pretty much - mid-december! :smile:
The wait is killing me haha :tongue:
Same time as Barts pretty much - mid-december! :smile:
The wait is killing me haha :tongue:
Me too :frown: At least some of us will find out before Christmas though
Original post by Randomer98
I emailed them and got an email back- but make sure you email the ugadmissions address which is highlighted and not just reply to the invite email which I believe is Mrs Teresa Smiths's email
I emailed at like 7am this morning and got a reply at 8:30am!

i sent the email to both at 1.00 pm.. shall i send it again if i receive no reply tomorrow??
Has anyone got a dundee confirmation for their interview yet?
also is it vital that we upload the work experience references to the cardiff sims network or optional?
Original post by ishanS
Has anyone got a dundee confirmation for their interview yet?
also is it vital that we upload the work experience references to the cardiff sims network or optional?

Haven't had a confirmation from dundee yet, if they aren't sent tomorrow im going to call on Friday because I need to book my flight!!

thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KingKatie
Heyy everyone, I've applied to Bristol, Sheffield, Birmingham and Cardiff, no offers so far but that seems fairly normal from what I've read on here?. Cardiff had this SIM site where you could upload your work experience references... I was wondering if anyone has sent theirs in to other Unis or knows the best way to send them? Not sure if they'll necessarily read them but every little helps lol

i've applied to cardiff as well, do we have to put down our references on the SIM site or is it optional?
Original post by ellieclinton
Has anyone heard from liverpool?

No, I hope they will contact us before Christmas.
got an interview for Bristol!
Reply 1797
Original post by gabbythompson
got an interview for Bristol!

Congrats!, what time did you find out? by email?? what is the date or date options been given to yourself?
I hope so too :smile:

Where else did you apply?

Cardiff, Barts and Kings...haven't heard from any of them yet.
If it's any help to anyone I've contacted the following universities and this is what they've said :smile:

Cardiff: Interviews given out "early December" and the interviews will run between the 18th and the 22nd January

Birmingham: shortlisting for interviews is currently taking place, they'll give out interviews before Christmas and the interviews will run between the 15th and the 19th of February!

Hope this helps someone out there that's as nervous as me😂😂 any news for Barts/QMUL?🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest