The Student Room Group

Why do men cheat on their very attractive wives/partners/girlfriends?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shot2daballs
lets not forget that women are not the same person from the beginning of a relationship to the end!! 99% of women change for the worst

As can men.
Original post by Frenspan14
As can men.

lol?
lets not forget that women are not the same person from the beginning of a relationship to the end!! 99% of women change for the worst

thats because you end up dating an 'other', someone who used to have certain qualities but no longer does and then wish they would return to how they used to be... or sometimes its all romanticised so you like to big it up and say how great it was in the beginning when in reality it sucked. anyway only the wisest and most stupid of people never change.
Original post by DErasmus
thats because you end up dating an 'other', someone who used to have certain qualities but no longer does and then wish they would return to how they used to be... or sometimes its all romanticised so you like to big it up and say how great it was in the beginning when in reality it sucked. anyway only the wisest and most stupid of people never change.

lol u wot m8? i never change (srs)

im like a brand that never changes. i always provide excellent company and entertainment and i never get personal with people mate
lol u wot m8? i never change (srs)

im like a brand that never changes. i always provide excellent company and entertainment and i never get personal with people mate

well u dont sound wise
well u dont sound wise

ok then mate looks like im not gonna be socrates in this life
I think a number of factors can cause spouses to cheat on one another! Maybe the relationship has become too bland or they're just incompatible! Another reason could be because one of them is not properly committed. It's really hard to condense into one answer OP.
ok then mate looks like im not gonna be socrates in this life

at least u wont die from hemlock... (unless u piss someone off)
at least u wont die from hemlock... (unless u piss someone off)

lets all be fair now!! if socrates was so wise, he wouldnt have commited suicide and still be alive today!!!

shot2daballs 1-0 socrates
(lol)
Because 90% of the human race is scum.
Cheating isn't a rational behaviour. It often comes from needing constant stimulation. You might have the most perfect partner but you cheat because of the thrill that comes with it. It doesn't help that infidelity is, to an extent, socially acceptable/validated.
Original post by Maid Marian
Because 90% of the human race is scum.

its more like 99.99% and chances are you are in that 99.99% as well no matter what you try to tell me on the internet
its more like 99.99% and chances are you are in that 99.99% as well no matter what you try to tell me on the internet

Nah, I've met some lovely people who are definitely not scum :lol:
Yeah I probably am, my kicks are kinda deadly.
Original post by Maid Marian
Nah, I've met some lovely people who are definitely not scum :lol:
Yeah I probably am, my kicks are kinda deadly.

trust me bro, i thought the same about some people, but in all honesty, these people are very rare. 1 in 10,000, if u think u have found a great person, remain skeptical but treat them with respect and kindness because 1 night you will be reminiscing about that popular girl who is beautiful and intelligent and why she was so kind and understanding to you even though you weren't popular and weren't that respectful to others at the time. trust me some people are so kind it brings a tear to my eye.

life lesson number 1-3
1) never trust anyone
1.5) you can't trust yourself
2) people aren't worth getting to know (being a loner isn't too bad)
3) if you ever find a great person, show them eternal respect
Woah this thread has reminded me of how much jamie ohara has failed in life.
Marries and has kids with a slag who has been passed around the spurs changing room more times than a bar of soap.
Went from premier league wages,to championship,to a free agent,Now the bar of soap has left him and taken the kids too... Smh.
/
And why do men cheat?
Because we are men and we can
Original post by matthewduncan
Woah this thread has reminded me of how much jamie ohara has failed in life.
Marries and has kids with a slag who has been passed around the spurs changing room more times than a bar of soap.
Went from premier league wages,to championship,to a free agent,Now the bar of soap has left him and taken the kids too... Smh.
/
And why do men cheat?
Because we are men and we can

Every gender does it bro

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because long term marriages-relationships get boring, it's hard work to keep a marriage going a lot of women don't want as much sex after kids etc, find it boring see it as a chore, women find the man boring he doesnt get her off, she feels like his mum ( not very sexy) so the guy looks for someone who will give him enthusiastic sex, a guys sex drive doesnt wane as much as a womans
Original post by vickidc18
Because long term marriages-relationships get boring, it's hard work to keep a marriage going a lot of women don't want as much sex after kids etc, find it boring see it as a chore, women find the man boring he doesnt get her off, she feels like his mum ( not very sexy) so the guy looks for someone who will give him enthusiastic sex, a guys sex drive doesnt wane as much as a womans

Good point. One of the best (the best?) things about being male is how much you love sex. A lot of guys, whose wives/partners sex drive wanes think, "God has blessed me with a penis, I may as well make use of it for as long as I can." I don't agree with that at all, but it's biology and stuff.
Original post by Tahooper
Why do women cheat on their very successful husbands?

I read that in Horatio's voice lol

Quick Reply

Latest