The Student Room Group

Why dont women do it??

Why dont they allow their husband to have multiple wives...while 1800s man can easily have two wives..1st wife never opposed it..but now they dont allow it..why????
You must be a guy, I'll explain it to you- For this to happen, a man needs to earn it. A man must be highly successful and of high value for him to have multiple wives. This is because a woman will never accept this from an average or common man.

In the past, say the 1800s, it was kings and emperors or men with alot of power and success who will have a situation like that.

If you take Andrew Tate as an example, he is very successful and has lots of properties and is considered 'high' value so he is able to afford that kind of lifestyle where he can have multiple women and they would accept that because they understand his success and his money value so they wouldn't complain or do anything.

For a common man, this is very impossible to do.
Original post by Anonymous
Why dont they allow their husband to have multiple wives...while 1800s man can easily have two wives..1st wife never opposed it..but now they dont allow it..why????

I assume you're aware that what you're describing is an offence in the UK? See the Offences against the Person Act 1861, specifically section 57 which deals with Bigamy:

"Whosoever, being married, shall marry any other Person during the Life of the former Husband or Wife, whether the Second Marriage shall have taken place in England or Ireland or elsewhere, shall be guilty of Felony, and being convicted thereof shall be liable, at the Discretion of the Court, to be kept in Penal Servitude for any Term not exceeding Seven Years and not less than Three Years,—or to be imprisoned for any Term not exceeding Two Years, with or without Hard Labour; and any such Offence may be dealt with, inquired of, tried, determined, and punished in any County or Place in England or Ireland where the Offender shall be apprehended or be in Custody, in the same Manner in all respects as if the Offence had been actually committed in that County or Place: Provided that nothing in this Section contained shall extend to any Second Marriage contracted elsewhere than in England and Ireland by any other than a Subject of Her Majesty, or to any Person marrying a Second Time whose Husband or Wife shall have been continually absent from such Person for the Space of Seven Years then last past, and shall not have been known by such Person to be living within that Time, or shall extend to any Person who, at the Time of such Second Marriage, shall have been divorced from the Bond of the First Marriage, or to any Person whose former Marriage shall have been declared void by the Sentence of any Court of Competent Jurisdiction."

(source, text as originally enacted)
Original post by Anonymous #1

They don’t want their men to be known as players and value commitment and loyalty to themselves and them only
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
I assume you're aware that what you're describing is an offence in the UK? See the Offences against the Person Act 1861, specifically section 57 which deals with Bigamy:

"Whosoever, being married, shall marry any other Person during the Life of the former Husband or Wife, whether the Second Marriage shall have taken place in England or Ireland or elsewhere, shall be guilty of Felony, and being convicted thereof shall be liable, at the Discretion of the Court, to be kept in Penal Servitude for any Term not exceeding Seven Years and not less than Three Years,—or to be imprisoned for any Term not exceeding Two Years, with or without Hard Labour; and any such Offence may be dealt with, inquired of, tried, determined, and punished in any County or Place in England or Ireland where the Offender shall be apprehended or be in Custody, in the same Manner in all respects as if the Offence had been actually committed in that County or Place: Provided that nothing in this Section contained shall extend to any Second Marriage contracted elsewhere than in England and Ireland by any other than a Subject of Her Majesty, or to any Person marrying a Second Time whose Husband or Wife shall have been continually absent from such Person for the Space of Seven Years then last past, and shall not have been known by such Person to be living within that Time, or shall extend to any Person who, at the Time of such Second Marriage, shall have been divorced from the Bond of the First Marriage, or to any Person whose former Marriage shall have been declared void by the Sentence of any Court of Competent Jurisdiction."

(source, text as originally enacted)

Here in the uk it is not legal ....but in many asian countries it was legal....am i not right??
Don you think it should be legalised
Here in the uk it is not legal ....but in many asian countries it was legal....am i not right??

Why are you so hung up on it?
It should absolutely not be legalised.

Presumably you'd also be in favour of women being allowed to have multiple husbands???

Seems strange in a country where it is a 'have it whatever way you want', 'should be able to do what you want', 'freedom', 'gay rights', 'gender equality', etc, etc, etc... That they have this law stopping those wanting more than one wife doing so. Shouldn't people buy the same token be allowed to have more than one wife if that is what they choose?

Sure it would stuff society up even further but we seemingly haven't cared about that to date so why start now.

Most guys however don't understand that unless they are pulling girls a plenty on the line of Tinder or in real life they are likely to have zero wife's and some other dude will be lauding it over then with many. Even more men in society would become resentful *****es and not wish to bother, but we seem happy so far to have any guys like that because if the way society is to date so why not have a load more.
In that case I’m sure you’d be fine with a woman having more than one husband right? Right???
If you get to have multiple wives, your wives should logically get to have multiple husbands. If you don't like that idea I'd advise you to reconsider this polyamory thing.
Reply 11
I think it is more of a legal matter. There are sorts of open-relationships or relationships with multiple partners though...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending