The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Masters of Nursing Science 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shanzii
I'll think about applying to it, my mum's a mental health nurse so i'll ask her what she thinks about it.
I hate it when people presume that it's so easy to get into nursing and yeah people have tried to get me to do medicine in the past. Children's nursing is the hardest nursing to get into with only 30-40 places at each uni and hundreds of people apply for it each year.

Good luck to you too !! :biggrin:
Sounds quite reasonable but i'm scared that i'll probably change my mind after submitting as well.
I may go through adjustment/clearing and apply for a high ranked uni like Manchester if I get really good grades (AAA or above) or I don't get any offers or if i change my mind in the summer

Ah cool! Nursing runs in your family then :smile: my family is all humanities, law and teaching, not what I want to do!
Yes! It's really competitive and it is academically very challenging, much harder than people think.
Thanks, fingers crossed we'll both be fine, sounds like a good plan :smile: if I get higher grades than expected I might take a gap year or use adjustment, Manchester is BBB this year for children's nursing!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by alice_c_97
Ah cool! Nursing runs in your family then :smile: my family is all humanities, law and teaching, not what I want to do!
Yes! It's really competitive and it is academically very challenging, much harder than people think.
Thanks, fingers crossed we'll both be fine, sounds like a good plan :smile: if I get higher grades than expected I might take a gap year or use adjustment, Manchester is BBB this year for children's nursing!

Yeah it does :smile:
It really is....but it's all worth it in the end :wink:

Hopefully we'll be fine. A gap year sounds really interesting coz you can gain a lot of experience in that time. Manchester's grade requirements are very reasonable but only 60/800 get in...so it's really hard to get in to.
Original post by Shanzii
Yeah it does :smile:
It really is....but it's all worth it in the end :wink:

Hopefully we'll be fine. A gap year sounds really interesting coz you can gain a lot of experience in that time. Manchester's grade requirements are very reasonable but only 60/800 get in...so it's really hard to get in to.

Definitely worth it in the end! I just want to be working as a children's nurse now! Yeah I'd like a gap year but my family don't see the point and want me to go to uni straight from school, we'll see I guess. Wow that's a lot, I looked at Birmingham which is 2158 applicants for 115 places :O
Reply 23
Definitely worth it in the end! I just want to be working as a children's nurse now! Yeah I'd like a gap year but my family don't see the point and want me to go to uni straight from school, we'll see I guess. Wow that's a lot, I looked at Birmingham which is 2158 applicants for 115 places :O

I get why they just want you to go straight to university...maybe because they know how competitive it is to get into the course.

I meant to say that there are only 60 places which around 800 people apply for. That's not even 1% of applicants :s-smilie:
Birmingham sounds even scarier :eek:
I never knew that child nursing would be this competitive
Original post by Shanzii
I get why they just want you to go straight to university...maybe because they know how competitive it is to get into the course.

I meant to say that there are only 60 places which around 800 people apply for. That's not even 1% of applicants :s-smilie:
Birmingham sounds even scarier :eek:
I never knew that child nursing would be this competitive

Yeah exactly, and money wise I would have to get a job which couldn't be guaranteed. Wow I know so scary, and most people who apply have great reference, PS and good grades!
Me neither, should've fallen in love with a different (easier) career path *sigh*
Reply 25
Yeah exactly, and money wise I would have to get a job which couldn't be guaranteed. Wow I know so scary, and most people who apply have great reference, PS and good grades!
Me neither, should've fallen in love with a different (easier) career path *sigh*

I know...actually get a job is hard itself. I know, it shows that nursing itself is a really hard to get into. I guess they just want the best students :smile:
But let's not be put off by it.
Haha true but I guess every career path is difficult

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending