The Student Room Group

When to call/contact a driving instructor?

My birthday is coming up next month and I would like to start learning to drive right away. I just wanted to find out, what is a reasonable amount of time before my birthday to contact a driving school and start learning with them? Should I do it a few days before or a few weeks?

I've got everything else sorted, e.g. provisional, money. etc.
Reply 1
The more notice you give, the better. Start enquiring now.

The good instructors out there will be quite booked up with work as they're so popular. If you want to have lessons at a particular time of day / day of the week, then you need to get your foot in the door early as it's first come, first served.

If you contact an instructor on a given day and he can fit you in tomorrow or any time, ask yourself why he has no work on. That should ring alarm bells.
(edited 9 years ago)
If I were you I'd start phoning now. I had to wait two months before I was able to get a lesson with the instructor I wanted. The earlier you ask the more chance you've got of getting a lesson close to your birthday with an instructor you want.
Original post by ChellyStar
If I were you I'd start phoning now. I had to wait two months before I was able to get a lesson with the instructor I wanted. The earlier you ask the more chance you've got of getting a lesson close to your birthday with an instructor you want.

I agree
Reply 4
Thanks guys, I've got it sorted now.
Reply 5
Original post by harmingjuli
My birthday is coming up next month and I would like to start learning to drive right away. I just wanted to find out, what is a reasonable amount of time before my birthday to contact a driving school and start learning with them? Should I do it a few days before or a few weeks?

I've got everything else sorted, e.g. provisional, money. etc.

I would say contact them soon as so they can book you in but you can either have one on your birthday of a couple days after as you are still underage I guess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending