The Student Room Group

driving instructor

i've had my driving instructor since about mid-july. my test is in 3 weeks but my driving instructor always says how great of a driver I am. Then, he raises his voice, tells my how if i was doing my test i would fail for lots of things, is super sarcastic (raised his voice saying 'stop mun what are you doing'). Tells me to start thinking about what im doing, makes me cry, ridicules me every lesson and when i dont do something well he gets impatient and makes me just drive off. He then goes quiet and basically stops talking to me for the rest of the lesson. Not to mention hes super expensive and I only have 2 hour lessons.

I have my own car which i drive way better in. I could get another instructor and i just hate hate hate mine. Opinions? thanks. Cannot get in a car with him again.
Original post by brionyvj
i've had my driving instructor since about mid-july. my test is in 3 weeks but my driving instructor always says how great of a driver I am. Then, he raises his voice, tells my how if i was doing my test i would fail for lots of things, is super sarcastic (raised his voice saying 'stop mun what are you doing'). Tells me to start thinking about what im doing, makes me cry, ridicules me every lesson and when i dont do something well he gets impatient and makes me just drive off. He then goes quiet and basically stops talking to me for the rest of the lesson. Not to mention hes super expensive and I only have 2 hour lessons.

I have my own car which i drive way better in. I could get another instructor and i just hate hate hate mine. Opinions? thanks. Cannot get in a car with him again.

That’s awful, you need to change instructors ASAP, he should not make you feel like this. Have a go in your own car if you get on better, it’ll be cheaper for you, especially if you can drive now but just waiting to take test - good luck
Reply 2
Original post by Muddypaws1
That’s awful, you need to change instructors ASAP, he should not make you feel like this. Have a go in your own car if you get on better, it’ll be cheaper for you, especially if you can drive now but just waiting to take test - good luck

That’s great advice, thanks a lot
Reply 3
If my driving instructor booked my test for me but I changed instructors, am i still able to sit that test?
If my driving instructor booked my test for me but I changed instructors, am i still able to sit that test?

I would of thought so, as booked in your name, but I would phone up and ask a potential new instructor
the situation with regards to this, just in case instructors are allowed to book tests for their driving school
then just allocate them to students before hand - you could try phoning your instructor and say you want to take the test anyways there’s a chance I might pass, and it will be good experience for me if I don’t. You could say you will do it in another car so it won’t go against his pass rate if your unlucky and fail. Then if you do pass you can phone him and gloat that u passed !!!
Reply 5
I would of thought so, as booked in your name, but I would phone up and ask a potential new instructor
the situation with regards to this, just in case instructors are allowed to book tests for their driving school
then just allocate them to students before hand - you could try phoning your instructor and say you want to take the test anyways there’s a chance I might pass, and it will be good experience for me if I don’t. You could say you will do it in another car so it won’t go against his pass rate if your unlucky and fail. Then if you do pass you can phone him and gloat that u passed !!!

that is very true! i texted him asking if i could do 1 hour lessons instead, he got moody and said no im fine and that i need to do more hours not less!! i give up. thanks for your advice, ill phone someone up. Lots of gloating whenever i pass my test!!:smile:
Reply 6

So sorry to hear about your experience and how awful you must've felt. I hope you find a better driving instructor soon.
There is a website called "Get driving" which will find a driving instructor near you.
https://www.getdriving.co.uk/

Also, check for a driving instructor's name on the gov website to see if they are legit.
Here's the link
https://finddrivinginstructor.dvsa.gov.uk/DSAFindNearestWebApp/findNearest.form?lang=en

Btw how did you book your driving test apparently there aren't any dates available and there is a long waiting period?
that is very true! i texted him asking if i could do 1 hour lessons instead, he got moody and said no im fine and that i need to do more hours not less!! i give up. thanks for your advice, ill phone someone up. Lots of gloating whenever i pass my test!!:smile:

Definately - just by what your saying I don’t like his attitude, - is he usually fully booked up ? Or is he stringing you along to get more money out of you because of covid affected his business - most driving instructors have a long waiting list, and want you to pass so they can then take on another - definately change there are lots of nice instructors around
Reply 8
Original post by lailoooo
So sorry to hear about your experience and how awful you must've felt. I hope you find a better driving instructor soon.
There is a website called "Get driving" which will find a driving instructor near you.
https://www.getdriving.co.uk/

Also, check for a driving instructor's name on the gov website to see if they are legit.
Here's the link
https://finddrivinginstructor.dvsa.gov.uk/DSAFindNearestWebApp/findNearest.form?lang=en

Btw how did you book your driving test apparently there aren't any dates available and there is a long waiting period?

thats very useful, thank you:smile:
it was booked back in July for Feburary, then I got a cancellation for Dec. If youre looking for a cancellation id recommend the app 'testi'
Reply 9
Definately - just by what your saying I don’t like his attitude, - is he usually fully booked up ? Or is he stringing you along to get more money out of you because of covid affected his business - most driving instructors have a long waiting list, and want you to pass so they can then take on another - definately change there are lots of nice instructors around

its highly likely. i heard good reviews about him at first but the more i spoke to people the more i realised hes definitely not the nicest person ever lol
Albert Driving School is a reputable, well-established and professional driving school to get you on the road. We have a refreshing approach to driving and believe that getting you safe and confident behind the wheel should be a lot of fun.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending