The Student Room Group

Regretting an A-Level choice . . .

Scroll to see replies

What Subject? What are you reasons of regret? I wanted to drop Sociology so much last year but it ended up being my best grade
Original post by Iggy Azalea
What A Level is it? (You're in A2 right?)

Funny enough I regret taking Spanish A Level a lot of the time, since I don't like my teacher and the level of homework is unbelievable. He's from Peru and only practised teaching in private schools in China and Singapore... so basically he's treating me (only me in the class) like some Chinese homework slave.

Ironically, I've applied to do Spanish and Chinese at uni, so I've just got to pull through A2 and then I can enjoy Spanish again. :biggrin:

Hey, I'm going to be nosey and ask where you've applied, I've applied for Chinese and French.
Original post by JamesJones777
Hey, I'm going to be nosey and ask where you've applied, I've applied for Chinese and French.

Lancaster, Nottingham, Exeter, Newcastle and Warwick. Offers from Warwick and Lancaster, but waiting on the others still.

What about you?
Original post by Iggy Azalea
Lancaster, Nottingham, Exeter, Newcastle and Warwick. Offers from Warwick and Lancaster, but waiting on the others still.

What about you?

Sheffield, Leeds, Newcastle (Modern languages French, German and Chinese) Oxford and Edinburgh. I have offers from the first three.
Original post by Madmatician
I do AQA Maths and Physics. How are you finding Physics??

Very easy
Original post by loperdoper
The thing is, I really enjoyed Physics all year. I was just really bad at it.

Are you on OCR? If so, try to not focus so much on Mechanics, and revise hard for the second exam. I managed to get a C in Mechanics, but I completely ran out of time to revise for the second exam, which gave me the low D I ended up with overall.

That's the same with me, I genuinely enjoy physics but can't apply myself. I'm doing OCR aswell, thanks for the insight and I hope you the best for the future!

Quick Reply

Latest