The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Queries

Currently I am taking: Higher Biology, Chemistry, English, History and Maths. Next year I am planning to take Advanced Highers. Would it be best to take subjects that would suit the course I want to take at uni, or can I take something for enjoyment? That is advanced higher level by the way. I am going to do biomedical science at uni.

If I would take subjects for enjoyment I would take:
Advanced Higher Biology, Advanced Higher History, and my school offer a Psychology course at the local college for extra.

If I do need to take advanced highers that match the course, what would you suggest would be the best to take?

As highers were the only entrant requirements for 1st year (I am young in my year so I want to enter 1st year), are they the most important?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Its too early to be looking at AHs imo. You haven't even had your prelims yet!

Your subjects should depend on what unis you're applying to. If, for example, glasgow is your top choice then (provided you get AAABB this year) youll get an unconditional and are therefore free to do whatever you want in sixth year.

On the other hand, if its UCL/Cambridge you're looking at then obviously its better to pick sciences and maths.

As I said its probably too early to be looking at next year, but I'd encourage you to look at uni websites to see what they're asking for.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending