The Student Room Group

Have problems with calculator in further maths

It seems like my calculator isnt on the right settings or somethhing because it is no longer doing fixed point interpolation properly. I have a casio fx-991ES PLUS btw
Original post by Skyarex
It seems like my calculator isnt on the right settings or somethhing because it is no longer doing fixed point interpolation properly. I have a casio fx-991ES PLUS btw

Factory reset?
Reply 2
Original post by nebelbon
Factory reset?

Do you mean if I have reset it? If so, yes i have reset it so no options have been saved on it.
Original post by Skyarex
Do you mean if I have reset it? If so, yes i have reset it so no options have been saved on it.

Hmmm ok. I am not sure then, have you tried googling for the manual?
Reply 4
Original post by nebelbon
Hmmm ok. I am not sure then, have you tried googling for the manual?

Well, I heard that you need to put it to radiant mode first, but I've done that already and it still doesn't converge fully for some reason.
Reply 5
Original post by Skyarex
Well, I heard that you need to put it to radiant mode first, but I've done that already and it still doesn't converge fully for some reason.

I presume you mean 'radian' mode, or does it glow in the dark? :biggrin:

Perhaps it might help if you gave us the problem you're trying to solve; what inputs you're typing into your calculator; and what happens when you do this.
Reply 6
Original post by davros
I presume you mean 'radian' mode, or does it glow in the dark? :biggrin:

Perhaps it might help if you gave us the problem you're trying to solve; what inputs you're typing into your calculator; and what happens when you do this.

These two

x0 = 5

arcsin(x/5)

and x0 = 5

x= tan(x)

Apparently they converge, but I cant get them to.

Quick Reply

Latest