The Student Room Group

International business is it worth doing?

Hi all

I'm stuck on whether to do international business or not. Business has always been one of my fav subjects. I've had mix feedback on this degree both good and bad but most of them didnt even take the course so..
Anyone who's done this course; is it worth it? What kind of career has it got you? Did you do the year abroad or placement? Is it better to just do business management?

:smile:
hi I'm just commenting because I'm in the same situation and would like the notification if someone is willing to give some advice :smile:
Courses named Business, management, business management, business studies, add international in front of the course name or add another subject to it like economics, psychology, law, a language, etc are just names .... that gives you an idea of the emphasis in the course. What is more important is that all of them would share many common modules or units which form the foundations of the courses above, especially those that do not have a second subject major. In short there is no need to be over concerned with the name as you will learn similar core units. However if there is something you know you like as well then choose courses with that other interest in it. Bear in mind you can also do so with a Management or Business degree by choosing options in 2nd and 3rd years which will allow you to do the stuff you like too. In my opinion it is just a name, in most cases.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending