The Student Room Group

What happens if you don't understand the essay question for ab initio?

Hi,

I'm just curious. What happens if in the ab initio paper 2 section A, you write an essay in the correct format and with appropriate grammatical structures + vocabulary, but you completely go off topic, because you don't understand the question?
Will you get 0 marks, or will you get format and language marks, but 0 for content?

Thanks!
I'd advice you to ask your teacher you'll get a better reply to it:L
Reply 2
My teacher has no idea...she thinks they'll give language and format marks for ab initio, but she knows for language B they show no mercy.
Reply 3
Original post by queendom
Hi,

I'm just curious. What happens if in the ab initio paper 2 section A, you write an essay in the correct format and with appropriate grammatical structures + vocabulary, but you completely go off topic, because you don't understand the question?
Will you get 0 marks, or will you get format and language marks, but 0 for content?

Thanks!

Well I just started Spanish ab initio and faced a similar situation when doing my first test. I misread the questions but wrote all the relevant things to the question. My teacher said that doing something of that sort would result in your marks being halved. So if you're mean't to get 8/10 (if you didn't misinterpret the question) then misreading the question/not understanding it will mean the examiner will give you 4/10 instead. Do you get what I mean?
Reply 4
@pbunny ok thanks! :smile: hope that's true in the real IB exam!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending