The Student Room Group

OCR AS Sociology G671 & G672

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lalavasquez
any predictions for sociology of the family trying to help my little sister.. i studied AQA she is doing OCR. thanks in advance

Does she have any sample essays for the 52 marks? I think ethnicity could come up but it came up last year so I don't know :frown:
for the 52 marker, my teachers actually came up with 4 of the most likely questions for them: (in order of how likely they are to come up)
1) Using the pre-release material and your wider sociological knowledge, explain and evaluate why a sociologist might use qualitative methods of data collection to research the meaning of fatherhood and masculinity.

(my teacher said there was an extremely high chance that this would be the question so i've already written a model answer for it but if not it would probably be the next 3 which could easily be written if the first one was already written and memorised as it's based around the same concept)

2) Using the pre-release material and your wider sociological knowledge, explain and evaluate why a sociologist might use more than one method to research the meaning of fatherhood and masculinity.

(the next two are basically the same as the first one but much shorter as the first question is asking for both methods used in the research whereas these questions ask for both)

3) Using pre-release material, and your wider sociological knowledge, explain and evaluate why a sociologist might use time-use diaries to research the meaning of masculinity and fatherhood.

4) Using the pre-release material and your wider sociological knowledge, explain and evaluate why a sociologist might use semi-structured interviews to research the meaning of fatherhood and masculinity.

Hope that helped! :smile:
do you know if you've modelled an exemplar essay should you write in the 52 marker because its all liked to the pre-release

Original post by taznimm123
for the 52 marker, my teachers actually came up with 4 of the most likely questions for them: (in order of how likely they are to come up)
1) Using the pre-release material and your wider sociological knowledge, explain and evaluate why a sociologist might use qualitative methods of data collection to research the meaning of fatherhood and masculinity.

(my teacher said there was an extremely high chance that this would be the question so i've already written a model answer for it but if not it would probably be the next 3 which could easily be written if the first one was already written and memorised as it's based around the same concept)

2) Using the pre-release material and your wider sociological knowledge, explain and evaluate why a sociologist might use more than one method to research the meaning of fatherhood and masculinity.

(the next two are basically the same as the first one but much shorter as the first question is asking for both methods used in the research whereas these questions ask for both)

3) Using pre-release material, and your wider sociological knowledge, explain and evaluate why a sociologist might use time-use diaries to research the meaning of masculinity and fatherhood.

4) Using the pre-release material and your wider sociological knowledge, explain and evaluate why a sociologist might use semi-structured interviews to research the meaning of fatherhood and masculinity.

Hope that helped! :smile:
Original post by sumaya.ali
do you know if you've modelled an exemplar essay should you write in the 52 marker because its all liked to the pre-release

well i would think so yes

sorry about my grammar i was bit sleepy
I meant should you write it in the exam

lol i had trouble understanding, that's okay!
Well, yeah i've written it and if that exact question comes up i will write the exemplar essay that i already wrote.
yeah same I'm just gonna memorise it :smile:
lol i had trouble understanding, that's okay!
Well, yeah i've written it and if that exact question comes up i will write the exemplar essay that i already wrote.
I've also prepared an essay on gender also. Hopefully it all goes well, do you have any ideas on q1,2 and 3? :smile:
Original post by benazirm
I've also prepared an essay on gender also. Hopefully it all goes well, do you have any ideas on q1,2 and 3? :smile:

define masculinity and illustrate with example

something on sexual divine labour

social class

i don't have any for q2 or 3

so have you made two
Reply 31

Are you definitely sure that it will be one of those 4? Have you written 4 essays?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 32
What do you think the 8,16 & 24 will be on?
For g672 does anyone have any practise questions for ideology of the family. I went through all he last paper questions until 2009 and couldn't find anything that could directly relate to there or I'm not really sure. A 33 mark question would be of help mainly. Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
For g672 does anyone have any practise questions for ideology of the family. I went through all he last paper questions until 2009 and couldn't find anything that could directly relate to there or I'm not really sure. A 33 mark question would be of help mainly. Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you have the family past paper for June 2014?
Do you have the family past paper for June 2014?

Yeah I do but it doesn't relate to ideology does it?
Reply 36
Is anybody doing sociology of youth ?
Yeah I do but it doesn't relate to ideology does it?

Is it possible if you could send me the questions that came up in june2014?
Is it possible if you could send me the questions that came up in june2014?

It should be on the ocr website but here ya go:

1a) identify and explain two reasons why cohabitation has become a popular choice.

1b) outline and evaluate the functionalist view that men and women should have swore age responsibilities within the family.

2a) identify and explain two ways the family supports capitalism.

2b) outline and evaluate sociological views in the extent of family diversity in the contemporary UK.

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It should be on the ocr website but here ya go:

1a) identify and explain two reasons why cohabitation has become a popular choice.

1b) outline and evaluate the functionalist view that men and women should have swore age responsibilities within the family.

2a) identify and explain two ways the family supports capitalism.

2b) outline and evaluate sociological views in the extent of family diversity in the contemporary UK.

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They haven't updated it that's why! Do you have the g671 2014 paper?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending