The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

accommodation for next year!!!

All my housemates are going to be living with other people next year, and I was left stuck on who to live with,:confused: anyone got any ideas ?
Can you apply to halls for a second year?

If so, then at least you'll have a place to live.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
There's still plenty of time so you don't need to start panicking yet. I'd suggest you ask around, maybe with people on your course or people in societies/AUs you might be in. Chances are there will be plenty of people in the same situation as you and by asking around first you could end up living with people you know. If you have no luck when you talk to people then maybe go to talk the uni/HUU homes, I know people who were in the same situation as you last year and the uni basically just puts you in a house with other people like you. You'll end up living with random people you don't know like first year, but you'll have somewhere to live.
Reply 3
Original post by Buxtonwater
Can you apply to halls for a second year?

If so, then at least you'll have a place to live.

I didn't particularly want to move into halls, although if worst comes to worst I'll take midnight's advice and speak to HUU homes
Heyy. I work for a company called big student houses (look us up on facebook :smile: ). If you find people to live with we'd be more than happy to take you on a free tour of what's available. The houses we have are from a selection of companies like accommodation warehouse etc. Just send a message on facebook if you're interested :smile:. If you find that you might be living alone, a lot of one-room vacancies start to appear early in the year jan/feb like houses looking for one more roommate and you'll have no problem! I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine, just speak to people you know and see if anyone's in the same boat
Original post by martz1995
All my housemates are going to be living with other people next year, and I was left stuck on who to live with,:confused: anyone got any ideas ?

Hi

I know it feels pretty crap right now but don't panic. As other people have said visit HUU homes or check out HullSTARS for places to live next year, or wait for the housing fair on the 5th February. There will still be plenty of accommodation available, and you might have found the perfect housemates by then!

I know you said you are not that keen on Halls style accommodation but there are a lot of advantages to live in Halls - for starters all the bills are included which can save some real headaches with housemates. If you are not moving in with people, or there is only a few of you then we always aim to put you with similar students so you get the best experience possible. There are many other great advantages to living in halls but I won't bore you with them all!

If you want any more infomation about us then feel free to head over to our website or just drop us a message.

Good Luck house hunting

Rachel
Universal Student Living Team

Quick Reply

Latest