The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Adult Nursing - September 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dadeo
Had my interview today, don't think it went very well :[ if anyone wants to ask me about the format of the day then i'm happy to answer questions!

Was at Shrewsbury campus btw :redface:

Hi Please could you tell me what sort of question they are asking for. I have an interview at shrewbury campus in 2 weeks time. Thanks
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 61
Basically this was how the day went:
1. Introduction and brief talk about course while doing a checklist
2. Maths test
3. 30 minute break while the did the maths test (70% pass mark)
4. They called out a group of people to go into another room, turns out these were the people who failed the maths.
5. Either group discussion first followed by filling out a DBS and document check or vice versa.
6. Lunch break
7. Individual interviews
It was a nice relaxed day.

For the maths, its exactly like the sample paper they send you in the e-mail and its 30 minutes for 1o questions and you're not allowed a calculator for help. The group discussion is just based on a scenario, try to talk near the beginning as its a bit of a naff scenario and not a great deal to discuss in 20 minutes if i'm honest. For the individual interview, not going to tell anyone the questions as that would be an unfair advantage, they aren't hard. One of those how to get into nursing books would be useful to get an idea of what they might ask you.

As for my interview, I suppose I didn't feel totally relaxed as I was sat in the middle of the interviewers and felt like I was at a tennis match trying to make sure I made eye contact with both ladies. Also felt like I didn't answer their questions properly or not the answers they were looking for or something. Didn't feel good coming out of it. Who knows, maybe my academic background and previous experience will get me through but I don't feel confident.
Good luck to everyone who's got interviews coming up! :smile:
Many many thanks for taking the time to reply
That's really helpful ..and has helped my nerves a lot x
I'm sure you will be fine
And good luck with any more interviews you may have or waiting on results from other I interviews

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dadeo
2. Maths test
4. They called out a group of people to go into another room, turns out these were the people who failed the maths.
5. Either group discussion first followed by filling out a DBS and document check or vice versa.
6. Lunch break
7. Individual interviews

For the maths, its exactly like the sample paper they send you in the e-mail and its 30 minutes for 1o questions and you're not allowed a calculator for help. The group discussion is just based on a scenario, try to talk near the beginning as its a bit of a naff scenario and not a great deal to discuss in 20 minutes if i'm honest. For the individual interview, not going to tell anyone the questions as that would be an unfair advantage, they aren't hard. One of those how to get into nursing books would be useful to get an idea of what they might ask you.

As for my interview, I suppose I didn't feel totally relaxed as I was sat in the middle of the interviewers and felt like I was at a tennis match trying to make sure I made eye contact with both ladies. Also felt like I didn't answer their questions properly or not the answers they were looking for or something. Didn't feel good coming out of it. Who knows, maybe my academic background and previous experience will get me through but I don't feel confident.

thank you realy helpful
Original post by Dadeo
2. Maths test
6. Lunch break
7. Individual interviews

Hey. I had mine back in December and I felt the same about my interview but turns out it went well as I now have a place :smile: good luck!
Reply 65
Original post by Edwards94
Hey. I had mine back in December and I felt the same about my interview but turns out it went well as I now have a place :smile: good luck!

I hope you're right! I felt the same way after my UCLan interview and I got offered a place there. How long did you have to wait to find out? Don't think I can stand waiting 2 weeks after waiting 2.5 months for just the interview! :redface:
Original post by Dadeo
I hope you're right! I felt the same way after my UCLan interview and I got offered a place there. How long did you have to wait to find out? Don't think I can stand waiting 2 weeks after waiting 2.5 months for just the interview! :redface:

They only say that! it takes a couple of days. I had my interview on the Thursday and found out on the Monday! It's horrible waiting, almost worse than having the interview! I honestly thought I didn't get in.. Still can't believe it :smile: can't wait to start in September now! Are you hoping to go to shrewsbury campus then?
Same here.... I thought my interview went awful but 2 days later I found out I got a place! Yippee! Fingers crossed dadeo
Reply 68
They only say that! it takes a couple of days. I had my interview on the Thursday and found out on the Monday! It's horrible waiting, almost worse than having the interview! I honestly thought I didn't get in.. Still can't believe it :smile: can't wait to start in September now! Are you hoping to go to shrewsbury campus then?

Yeah, front doorstep is literally 2/3 minutes walk from the faculty of health at RSH so it would be ideal rather than having to move to Preston or possibly Birmingham (if I get offered a place there). I hope I find out on Monday then :redface: are you Staffs or Shrews?

Thanks Laura, will hopefully be able to update on Monday :biggrin:
Original post by Dadeo
Yeah, front doorstep is literally 2/3 minutes walk from the faculty of health at RSH so it would be ideal rather than having to move to Preston or possibly Birmingham (if I get offered a place there). I hope I find out on Monday then :redface: are you Staffs or Shrews?

Thanks Laura, will hopefully be able to update on Monday :biggrin:

Oh good :smile: yeah shrewsbury too.. About 20 minutes drive! I also didn't want to move away :smile:
Hi

I have accepted a conditional offer from the Uni for Adult Nursing Sepember 2015 intake at Stafford Campus.... :tongue:

Anyone else out there who has too? Be lovely to have some familiar faces when i start to stop the new starter nerves....

XOXO
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 71
Woke up about 10 minutes ago to find an unconditional offer sat in my inbox! Looks like i'm going to Staffs based at Shrewsbury! Can't believe I got a place after how terrible I felt my interview went :biggrin:
Fantastic news well done ...told you you would of done better than you thought x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dadeo
Woke up about 10 minutes ago to find an unconditional offer sat in my inbox! Looks like i'm going to Staffs based at Shrewsbury! Can't believe I got a place after how terrible I felt my interview went :biggrin:

Ah wow well done!!! :tongue: snap mine was awful too but they must see the potential in us then. Congratulations.... xxx
Original post by Dadeo

Well done :smile: looks like we'll be joining each other in September :smile:
Reply 75
Thanks guys, i'm still in a bit of shock I think! I'll most likely see you there then! I do have two other offers that i'm thinking about but the more I think, the more Shrewsbury campus seems like the best choice, right on my doorstep in an area I know and all that jazz. :biggrin:
Original post by Dadeo
Thanks guys, i'm still in a bit of shock I think! I'll most likely see you there then! I do have two other offers that i'm thinking about but the more I think, the more Shrewsbury campus seems like the best choice, right on my doorstep in an area I know and all that jazz. :biggrin:

You'll feel shocked for a while.. I still am! I'm sure you'll make the right decision :smile: I chose shrewsbury for that reason too! Excited now, although nervous for what's to come!!
snap for me also.... I have two kids and married so staffs is the most ideal location for me and I got a place offered to me on the 4th December and I am STILL in shock! haha!! Don't think it will sink in until I start now. xx
Reply 78
Well done :smile: looks like we'll be joining each other in September :smile:

I firmed Staffs today so will definitely be joining you! Don't suppose you know if there's a FB group for Shrewsbury applicants/soon to be student nurses? :smile:
Congrats on your place Dadeo however boo to Shrewsbury! Haha as I am going to Stafford campus! Good luck and as I said on the other forum it's the person that makes the good nurse and I have heard so many good things about staffs uni x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending