The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

in fairness us normal people havent got a clue how to act around all you public school types....
Reply 21
Maybe he believes in the whole "too posh to wash"?

in fairness us normal people havent got a clue how to act around all you public school types....

I went to public school for two years and the people there were much more 'normal' than those at my previous state school!
Reply 22
its not our fault we went to public school. you have an underlying prejeudice.
Anonymous

Right, that's you off the Countryside Alliance christmas card list!
no, probably more normal to you as you could afford to go... isn't being a public school boy against everything labour stand for? your average person doesn't go to public school....

yes i do have an underlying prejudice, it's not my fault i wasn't brought up with money to burn (though I wish I had been)...
Reply 25
Well if you are good enough, which I obviously was - you'll get a scholarship which covers the fees ... so don't presume anything.
And being a public school boy - which I may add I am not, is not against everything Labour stands for. Otherwise we wouldn't have so many leaders who were ex-public school.

And I was actually telling the truth - those I met were more normal than those at my state school.
Reply 26
not exactly burning money is it, getting a top education?
Reply 27
I would say money well spent in fact!
He really doesn't sound like he's worth it. Even if you are a bit posh, he should be able to see beyond that...

Good luck with whatever you decide!
Reply 29
Anonymous
no, probably more normal to you as you could afford to go... isn't being a public school boy against everything labour stand for? your average person doesn't go to public school....

yes i do have an underlying prejudice, it's not my fault i wasn't brought up with money to burn (though I wish I had been)...

Be quiet mere commoner!

Graham
Obviously none of us know this guy or know what he really thinks, but a possible explanation is that he likes you but is slightly intimidated by you. I don't think he would invite you to his party if he didn't like you, but maybe he thinks that you wouldn't go for him because he's not posh enough, and so as a kind of defence mechanism he says that you're too posh for him...?

I don't know, guys can be weird like that. All I can suggest is that since you haven't known him very long, you just get to know him a bit better and then hopefully once you're more at ease with each other you'll both look back on this and think how silly it was. He's probably just insecure.
Apricot Fairy
Obviously none of us know this guy or know what he really thinks, but a possible explanation is that he likes you but is slightly intimidated by you. I don't think he would invite you to his party if he didn't like you, but maybe he thinks that you wouldn't go for him because he's not posh enough, and so as a kind of defence mechanism he says that you're too posh for him...?

I don't know, guys can be weird like that. All I can suggest is that since you haven't known him very long, you just get to know him a bit better and then hopefully once you're more at ease with each other you'll both look back on this and think how silly it was. He's probably just insecure.

My thoughts exactly. :smile:

Failing that, invite him to the Hunt and tell him it's a fancy dress party and it would be absolutely ripping for him to come dressed as a fox. :wink:
Reply 32
I don't agree with Fox-hunting so I was left off the Countryside Alliance Christmas card list ages ago!!!! He's apologized as he has been reading this sub-forum, and has offered to take me out for dinner tonight!!!

Thanks to everyone for thoughtsxxxx
Connemara
I don't agree with Fox-hunting so I was left off the Countryside Alliance Christmas card list ages ago!!!!

For the record, nor do I - I favour the ban, and am far more likely to be on the Countryside Alliance's hit list.

Connemara
He's apologized as he has been reading this sub-forum, and has offered to take me out for dinner tonight!!!

Great! :smile:
Reply 34
Connemara
I don't agree with Fox-hunting so I was left off the Countryside Alliance Christmas card list ages ago!!!! He's apologized as he has been reading this sub-forum, and has offered to take me out for dinner tonight!!!

Thanks to everyone for thoughtsxxxx

Nice one!
Reply 35
whats wrong with fox hunting?
Reply 36
Town-folk don't understand and think it is cruel.

Graham
Reply 37
masterofpuppets
Sounds like a moron to me.

Posh Tottie = less chance of an STI?

Bollox.
Connemara
I met this really nice guy during freshers and he's really nice and all that, but he blanked me yersterday in the library,which has upset me a lot because I thought we were okay together, anyway new friend (girl) asked him why and he said, " she's too posh for me, I don't feel comfortable around "posh-tottie"! Well why the hell did he talk to me for 4 hours the other night? Guys I'll never understand how they operate and then he texted inviting me to his flat-warming!!!:confused:

Should I go or not, or just forget about him? anyone any insights into the male psyche at all:cool:

Sazarina88: Go to the flat-warming. Even if he doesn't talk to you much, there's bound to be plenty of opportunities for you to meet other handsome men (or just go to GDSA Flat 116) :biggrin:

If he does talk to you then great! Show him that you're not just some "posh-tottie" and if he doesn't appreciate it he's really not worth it.

Ron Stoppable: New Hunt's House ISC is NOT the place to meet, nor rendezvous with, potential suitors - you'll learn that by second year. Get meeting lots more people and multiple dating them - and no, not menage-a-trois, just simply seeing more than one person in a week.
gbduo
Town-folk don't understand and think it is cruel.

Graham

:topic: (*mutters under breath* blood sport....grumble...ripped to shreds by dogs...indistinguishable...enjoyment in killing...grumble...inefficient anyway...)

Latest

Trending

Trending