The Student Room Group

Always rejected by girls for a bad guy

I'm so fed up I'm always rejected by a girl for either a guy who has a criminal record or just a plain bad boy the one girl I like left a bad guy but got with another bad guy, any advice?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I'm so fed up I'm always rejected by a girl for either a guy who has a criminal record or just a plain bad boy the one girl I like left a bad guy but got with another bad guy, any advice?

instead of focusing on the other guys that shes getting with or even the concept of bad boys just focus on yourself my guy!
the problem isn’t because you’re not a bad boy or whatever you just need to stick to being you and doing what you like
but hey if you wanna have a criminal record just to get girls i mean who am i to stop u
but seriously i think you’re just looking the wrong way at this
if this girl is so into bad boys that doesnt mean u should change yourself so that she will like you she might just not be the right girl for you and that’s completely fine!
imo bad boys wont last for the long run so dont sweat just keep doing u!
Original post by mirror9
instead of focusing on the other guys that shes getting with or even the concept of bad boys just focus on yourself my guy!
the problem isn’t because you’re not a bad boy or whatever you just need to stick to being you and doing what you like
but hey if you wanna have a criminal record just to get girls i mean who am i to stop u
if this girl is so into bad boys that doesnt mean u should change yourself so that she will like you she might just not be the right girl for you and that’s completely fine!

I'm just everything a girl doesn't want, sick of being told I'm like a brother and a friend
Reply 3
Original post by mirror9

also i swear that most girls get over bad boys pretty quickly so dont worry yourself okay
coming from a girl who isnt in to bad boys you’ll be fine
Get a criminal record
Original post by xixthformer
Get a criminal record

I am trying to find out how to be more of a bad boy
Reply 6
Keep being yourself you'll get the best girl in the end, they just gotta grow up.
Is this actually real or a made up thread

I would suggest that the issue probably has more to do with your confidence and ability to speak your mind than it has to do with bad boys.

The evidence that I would put forth for this is that you couldn't even come off of anonymous to make your complaint. You refuse to let anyone see anything of yourself that might be considered negative. If you're so terrified that someone might not like you that you aren't willing to take even a tiny risk online where the stakes are very low, you are probably the type to not know how to take proper risks with the women you know.
To quote Wreck-it Ralph - “Just because you are a bad guy; doesn’t mean you are a bad guy,”

Watch School For Scoundrels (1960). Even though it's a comedy film it makes some great observations about being a nice guy vs being a cad vs being a sporting guy that has an edge. With the underlying theme being about frame control.
Don't treat the film as a bible, nor as a guide, but as something to get you thinking about man to woman social skills and that right now you are a Henry Palfrey from the opening act of the film.

Whatever you do, don’t become a bad guy to try to attract these women! Be true to yourself and keep doing ehat you are doing.
Acting desperate won't get you any girl

They are obviously turned on by 'bad guys' a lot may not be all that bad but don't mind doing petty crime/ what they do. In theory some guys can just make out they are bad without breaking the law and/or just pretend they have a criminal record. My guess is that these girls know you enough that pretending that way may not wash. However, being not so willing to please, not catering to their every issue may help, as I think guys that do that can just be too boring. A boring play it safe steady Neddy is probably the biggest turn of to these girls in particular and likely other girls in general.

There's other stuff that can be of interest to girls but being a shoulder to seek comfort on probably isn't helping you.
You're honestly dodging red flags left, right and centre. If these girls all date bad guys, it could mean they are insecure (we accept the love we think we deserve). There's also the "I can fix him" trope. Girls often think they can fix a bad guy but after a while it becomes clear they can't and they'll move on. Bad guys don't last. Maybe they're rejecting you now but it's either not the right time or they're not the right girls.
Reply 15

Am sure you don't need girls that makes bad choices eventually they will make your life hell so better stay away
Do you live up north by any chance? It is like that where I am. I am now back home after graduating and everywhere you go the local girls who are nearly all working class only go out with and talk to blokes who are chavs, have criminal records, work with their hands, are heavily built and have tattoos etc. The ideal dream bloke here is probably a rich footballer. If you have been to uni and don't speak in the local accent the girls here think you're posh and don't want to know you and if you try and talk to them they are rude.
Do you live up north by any chance? It is like that where I am. I am now back home after graduating and everywhere you go the local girls who are nearly all working class only go out with and talk to blokes who are chavs, have criminal records, work with their hands, are heavily built and have tattoos etc. The ideal dream bloke here is probably a rich footballer. If you have been to uni and don't speak in the local accent the girls here think you're posh and don't want to know you and if you try and talk to them they are rude.

Well, yeah? The fact you look down so obviously on others probably puts them right off. If going to uni just meant you lost your ability to empathise and relate to others then maybe it was time poorly spent?
(edited 10 months ago)
No actually. I don't look down on them. They are rude to me and don't want to go out with people who have a good education and come from the middle class. They want to go out with low class lads and roadmen, but unless you live somewhere affluent like Cheshire that is most of the north for you.
Reply 19
I don't live in north. idk about what girls are there,but if you think they are that way than why bother to engage or complaint? find someone in your mutual interests or from different state

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending