The Student Room Group

Marketing assessment help!

Hi everybody :smile:
I'm studying business operations as part of my degree in horticulture, and could really really do with some help!
I've got an assessment due 18th december, which goes as follows:
1. Marketing Mix: You are launching a Christmas campaign, product, service or event, based on your vocational knowledge. This could be on your own or as part of an existing organisation. Justify your choice of marketing mix to plan your product launch using supporting theory. Please use essay format. 2000 words

Note: Please put the description of your product, service or event in the Appendix.

This is all the guidance we've been given, and even though I've asked my tutor I still dont understand how to structure this essay. I've missed a fair amount due to looking after my 3 month old baby girl, university have been worse than useless at trying to help me through this year (2nd year).

Anyway, have anyone got guidance on how to approach this?

Thanks very much,

Megan
Reply 1
2000 words isn't that much, don't worry you can make it.

You just have to select a product and create a marketing mix for its distribution. Marketing mix are of course the 4P's price product place promotion. So let's say you want to distribute an iPhone case then you select the price, either high or low, skimming prices etc. The next thing you decide about is the layout and format of your product, maybe even its materials. Next is the place of distribution, say for instance on a shopping center that has a Christmas auction. And for the promotion you could use classical text ads in the newspaper or online advertisements on Facebook.

Also, your professor writes that supporting the theory is required, so it would be advisable to get a good marketing book with the 4 P's and follow it along in your assessment.

As for the structure: introduction, main part and conclusion.
Original post by MegMoo12
Hi everybody :smile:
I'm studying business operations as part of my degree in horticulture, and could really really do with some help!
I've got an assessment due 18th december, which goes as follows:
1. Marketing Mix: You are launching a Christmas campaign, product, service or event, based on your vocational knowledge. This could be on your own or as part of an existing organisation. Justify your choice of marketing mix to plan your product launch using supporting theory. Please use essay format. 2000 words

Note: Please put the description of your product, service or event in the Appendix.

This is all the guidance we've been given, and even though I've asked my tutor I still dont understand how to structure this essay. I've missed a fair amount due to looking after my 3 month old baby girl, university have been worse than useless at trying to help me through this year (2nd year).

Anyway, have anyone got guidance on how to approach this?

Thanks very much,

Megan

Hi Megan,

We will be happy to give full guidance on how to approach this in our essay seminars/workshops.

Give me a call for more details. 079 196 756 81

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending