The Student Room Group

Advice/guidance needed I don't know what to do with my A levels?

Well I've already decided to carry onto a2 with my terrible AS grades DDE and I was wondering if any of you guys could give me some advice.
I'm doing maths-D 3 ums of a C got C1-high B an S1-average B and C2-U
Chem-D 7ums of a C C1-high E C2-high E 100% in coursework
Biology-E 1ums of a D I got an F212-E a F211-U and an A for coursework
Basically this is all due to my stupidity in not listening to my parents telling me to revise early and leaving it till the last day.
I am doing well in my a2's atm i'm taking a gap year too and im predicted BCC.And I know you guys dont know what im capable of I know im capable of anything I understood everything completely but i never left myself time to revise or go over exam technique I know im stupid for doing so but i'd love some guidence ive been really stressed and depressed lately even though i should let go of the past im scared it could happen again so thats why I will push myself really hard this year and I hope you all do too. I was wondering what do you think I should resit if any of the exams above my plan was to resit the U in maths and both exams in bio and chem essentially I'll be doing 3 a2's and 2 AS's and a maths module then in total i'll have 12 exams all in June im aiming for ABB-BBC but the dream would be AAA not looking for the A* and I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice and be honest in what you think i should do and what you would do in my shoes I will probably start revising starting from Jan but atm ive been reading through my notes after every topic most of the time
btw I do WJEC maths Edexcel Chem and OCR Bio
I'm also going to have chat with my teachers (parents evening) in a couple of days with my dad to see what they think too.
Thanks for any help you all give me and I love you all and hope you succeed in what your doing aswell <3
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Bump :smile:
Reply 2
Also if any of you have any tips to spread my revision out evenly and suggest when I should start revising properly if i end up doing my plan. I go over any topic that ive learned after I complete them atm <3
Reply 3
Bump :smile:
Do you have to write revision notes for biology? In our college, with each topic we get a set of past paper questions, written homework and revision questions. I find the revision ones helpful as writing them at the end of each topic refreshes what you've learnt and then nearer exams you've got a detailed overview of the topic all on one bit of paper :smile:

EDIT: also, search myalevelbiology on you tube. Someone made some really good videos - it's part of what helped for GCSE Separate Science as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Awais117
Well I've already decided to carry onto a2 with my terrible AS grades DDE and I was wondering if any of you guys could give me some advice.
I'm doing maths-D 3 ums of a C got C1-high B an S1-average B and C2-U
Chem-D 7ums of a C C1-high E C2-high E 100% in coursework
Biology-E 1ums of a D I got an F212-E a F211-U and an A for coursework
Basically this is all due to my stupidity in not listening to my parents telling me to revise early and leaving it till the last day.
I am doing well in my a2's atm i'm taking a gap year too and im predicted BCC.And I know you guys dont know what im capable of I know im capable of anything I understood everything completely but i never left myself time to revise or go over exam technique I know im stupid for doing so but i'd love some guidence ive been really stressed and depressed lately even though i should let go of the past im scared it could happen again so thats why I will push myself really hard this year and I hope you all do too. I was wondering what do you think I should resit if any of the exams above my plan was to resit the U in maths and both exams in bio and chem essentially I'll be doing 3 a2's and 2 AS's and a maths module then in total i'll have 12 exams all in June im aiming for ABB-BBC but the dream would be AAA not looking for the A* and I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice and be honest in what you think i should do and what you would do in my shoes I will probably start revising starting from Jan but atm ive been reading through my notes after every topic most of the time
btw I do WJEC maths Edexcel Chem and OCR Bio
I'm also going to have chat with my teachers (parents evening) in a couple of days with my dad to see what they think too.
Thanks for any help you all give me and I love you all and hope you succeed in what your doing aswell <3

Thanks for the love bud, I'm feeling it :smile:
If you think you can manage it, resit everything where you didn't get the grade you want overall in. 'twill be a lot of work but with a few past papers and a good positive mindset I'm sure you can manage it.
And give me some tips on the practicals, 100% in Chem?!
Reply 6
Original post by boods8897
Do you have to write revision notes for biology? In our college, with each topic we get a set of past paper questions, written homework and revision questions. I find the revision ones helpful as writing them at the end of each topic refreshes what you've learnt and then nearer exams you've got a detailed overview of the topic all on one bit of paper :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

we do test at the end of each topic and we basically write notes because of our homework which is based on the specification and covers the whole topic.
Reply 7
Original post by plasmaman
Thanks for the love bud, I'm feeling it :smile:
If you think you can manage it, resit everything where you didn't get the grade you want overall in. 'twill be a lot of work but with a few past papers and a good positive mindset I'm sure you can manage it.
And give me some tips on the practicals, 100% in Chem?!

What your going to practical just go over the topic for and just do the practical i guess. The hard bit is actually doing the practicals also do you think from Jan till mid May is enough time to revise and when does everyone recommend hardcore revision for 12 exams:frown:
What your going to practical just go over the topic for and just do the practical i guess. The hard bit is actually doing the practicals also do you think from Jan till mid May is enough time to revise and when does everyone recommend hardcore revision for 12 exams:frown:

Yeah that's plenty of time, just remember that Jan is quite a long way away so go over the stuff you cover then again.
When you say hardcore? If you mean solid specific revision then a month or two I'd say.
Reply 9
Yeah that's plenty of time, just remember that Jan is quite a long way away so go over the stuff you cover then again.
When you say hardcore? If you mean solid specific revision then a month or two I'd say.

Ahh ok im just scared because im essentially doing 3 A2's and 2 AS's and a maths module so im scared that I wont have enough time or be able to spread out my revision so I do well in all of my exams thanks for the reply though ur awesome :smile:
Focus more on A2 Maths rather than the AS - I assume you're resitting C2? - quite a lot of the AS maths is fundamental to the A2 so if you can do well and really understand C3 and 4, then C2 should seem quite easy when you go back to it. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh ok im just scared because im essentially doing 3 A2's and 2 AS's and a maths module so im scared that I wont have enough time or be able to spread out my revision so I do well in all of my exams thanks for the reply though ur awesome :smile:

Best of luck with it all pal :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by boods8897
Focus more on A2 Maths rather than the AS - I assume you're resitting C2? - quite a lot of the AS maths is fundamental to the A2 so if you can do well and really understand C3 and 4, then C2 should seem quite easy when you go back to it. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ty
Reply 13
Best of luck with it all pal :smile:

You too
Reply 14
any advice on what i should resit i dont know if i could put up with 5 extra exams im unsure about it :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest