The Student Room Group

Questions about Personal Trainer

Hey,

I was jw if anyone had any advice. I'm looking to work with a personal trainer to get in shape, but I don't know much about what it would actually involve. Do they tend to provide support with nutrition as well, or just physical fitness? How many sessions/what sort of timeframe is expected?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks!
Reply 1
Personal trainers generally don't have a formal background in nutrition so the good ones tend to stay advice from nutrition guidance beyond the broad generalisations (which you can easily read about online anyway).

How many sessions/timeframe is determined by yourself. Once or twice a week is quite common.
Reply 2
A good PT will give guidance on nutrition.

As for number of sessions and timeframe, it depends on what you need a PT for. In my case, I just wanted to PT to get me started with correct lifting form and training basics, then I took it from there myself. I had 10 sessions over the course of a couple of months. Some people require the accountability/motivation of the PT sessions so benefit from a more long term arrangement, which of course will cost more money.

Quick Reply

Latest