The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Chinese/Korean/Japanese Studies at University of Sheffield 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Danderlilly
Last years thread i made there was really only 3-4 of us so we moved over to a fb page and by then end of september there were like over 40 people on it :smile:

Ohhh I see! Is there an fb page this year?
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by xAllyM
Ohhh I see! Is there an fb page this year?

Not yet, The people at the University make the pages for the new starts every year.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm a first year Japanese Studies student at Sheffield, if anyone has any questions, feel free to message me!
Reply 23
Not yet, The people at the University make the pages for the new starts every year.

Ahhh.. gotcha :biggrin:
Reply 24
Original post by DanMallen
I'm a first year Japanese Studies student at Sheffield, if anyone has any questions, feel free to message me!

Hi! Nice to meet you!
Original post by xdannyjx
Not sure about Sheffield, but at uclan there are alot of students in their twenties.. Don't worry about it :wink:.

Good luck this year. Smash it

Uclan is my second choice. :biggrin:
I have a confirmed unconditional offer in Japanese studies. Anyone else got a response yet?
Reply 27
Original post by JasonEvans
I have a confirmed unconditional offer in Japanese studies. Anyone else got a response yet?

I've got a conditional offer of ABB for Japanese ^^
Hey! I also got a conditional offer of ABB to do Japanese Studies :smile:

I'm also planning to go to the 14th March applicant day, anyone else going on the same day as me?
That's good, hope you guys get the grade's you need. I can't wait to get back into University again! So much fun!
Finally got a reply, it's a Conditional Offer for Korean with an A pass on my current course :biggrin:
Reply 31
Well done for all of the offers guys! ^.^
I got an ABB offer as well at Sheffield for Japanese Studies! I think I'm going to one of those open days in March (but I don't actually remember)
I'm waiting for an applicant open day as well last year i went to the last one in April but will see when they fall this year.
What does everyone plan to do with their chinese/japanese/korean degrees? Just curious!
I'm waiting for an applicant open day as well last year i went to the last one in April but will see when they fall this year.

I haven't booked mine yet but they are as follows: Wednesday 11th March, Saturday 14th March, and Wednesday 22nd April 2015. I'm thinking of going on the Saturday so it doesn't collide with work.
Original post by Livvyxo
What does everyone plan to do with their chinese/japanese/korean degrees? Just curious!

I plan to live and work in Japan, having a degree in Japanese will give lot's of opportunities that I would not get if I just went there with any degree. I think that being able to have a professional organisation teach you in many areas of a language and culture gives a far greater advantage to you, which is why I dropped out of my degree this year to go to Sheffield.
I haven't booked mine yet but they are as follows: Wednesday 11th March, Saturday 14th March, and Wednesday 22nd April 2015. I'm thinking of going on the Saturday so it doesn't collide with work.

I'm planning to go on the Saturday too! Maybe we'll see each other there? :cool:
Original post by Ice Dragon
I'm planning to go on the Saturday too! Maybe we'll see each other there? :cool:

Oh cool, hopefully see you there then :biggrin:
Reply 38
Original post by Livvyxo

I don't really want to do anything in particular, but teaching English in Japan or simply working for a company would be nice with a Japanese degree.

If i was to go on the Saturday i would need to get time off work, which if i book now would be possible. Normally I would go during the week when I have more time off. But we shall see. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending