The Student Room Group

Help me pleaseeeeee

Hi, last year I really flunked my AS levels getting EDUU (The u's in physics and maths) however I continued on to A2 and have been working really hard. I have now got the predicted grades of AAC... I want to do straight politics and was wondering what sort of calibre university I should apply for and how likely I am to be accepted with such terrible AS grades. Maybe going through clearing would be a better option ? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Mylifeisamess
Hi, last year I really flunked my AS levels getting EDUU (The u's in physics and maths) however I continued on to A2 and have been working really hard. I have now got the predicted grades of AAC... I want to do straight politics and was wondering what sort of calibre university I should apply for and how likely I am to be accepted with such terrible AS grades. Maybe going through clearing would be a better option ? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Any offers you get would be conditional, which means you have to meet the grades for the uni to accept you. This means there isn't much risk on their part - if you can't make your predictions, they don't have to take you. However, for you to jump from EDUU to AAC you'll need to do a lot of resits, so it's a very risky strategy for you to take. You might just find it's too much work.

if you go through Clearing, you still need to submit a UCAS application and pay the usual fee. You can do this by applying in June (or later), but since you're paying for it you might as well try submitting 5 choices in the usual way. You'll then get more options - you get your original 5 choices, then [wiki]UCAS_Extra[/wiki], then Clearing if necessary.

It might be beneficial for you to consider a gap year. Then you'll be applying with actual grades, rather than predictions which might look over optimistic. You also have the chance to take resits if necessary. Some people do go abroad on gap year schemes, but you can just stay at home and work to save up money - you'll get experience and skills from working, and will find the extra money helps greatly when you're relying on student finance.

Quick Reply

Latest