The Student Room Group

KCL Dentistry 2023 Entry

Welcome to the KCL (King's College London) Dentistry 2023 Entry discussion thread.

Useful links:

Undergraduate Dentistry 2023 entry thread: Official Dentistry 2023 Entry Applicants’ Thread - The Student Room

The “Which dental school should I apply to?” Thread: The Official "Which Dental School Should I Apply To?" Thread - The Student Room

TSR Dentistry Wiki: Dentistry - The Student Room

Dentistry Undergraduate Entry Requirements: Dentistry Entry Requirements | The Student Room

Dentistry Graduate Entry Requirements: Graduate entry requirements for dentistry | The Student Room

Pre-dentistry/ Gateway Entry Requirements: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...dental-courses

General TSR Rules:

Do not ask for or post group chat links.

Do not ask for or post interview questions.

Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

:smile:
Does anyone know what the average cut off ucat score is for KCL?

Thanks
Reply 3
Does anyone know if there is a difference in the courses between ESDP and normal dentistry?
And also is it easier to get in to esdp?
Original post by amar.elg
Does anyone know if there is a difference in the courses between ESDP and normal dentistry?
And also is it easier to get in to esdp?

No difference apart from apparently extra support for ESDP students. It’s more competitive as theres fewer spaces, so more difficult.
Original post by username50028453
Does anyone know what the average cut off ucat score is for KCL?

Thanks

Aim for 675 at KCL
Original post by toothdoc
Aim for 675 at KCL

I would say need roughly 700 to stand a good chance at getting an interview
Original post by mhudson2015
I would say need roughly 700 to stand a good chance at getting an interview

Are you just being safe or are you basing this on previous cut offs?
Original post by toothdoc
Aim for 675 at KCL

I’m guessing the ESDP programme is a lower score ?
Original post by dejectedreject
Are you just being safe or are you basing this on previous cut offs?

People get KCL offers with scores from 650 usually. I think a safe score is 675+. Aim for 700 as a target - this will always be good enough
I am planning on doing dentistry in kings but I am worried about my gcse grades they are:
I got a 6 in bio and English lang and might re do them but I am not to sure if they accepts gcse resits.
Could someone let me know if these grades are good enough?
Thank you
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 11
Original post by information_321
I am planning on doing dentistry in kings but I am worried about my gcse grades they are:
I got a 6 in bio and English lang and might re do them but I am not to sure if they accepts gcse resits.
Could someone let me know if these grades are good enough?
Thank you

kings consider applications holistically so they would look at your gcses and this might be a bit of a problem. ik they don't accept a level resits but im not sure about gcse- maybe apply to a uni that doesnt look at gcses?
Original post by A.B72
kings consider applications holistically so they would look at your gcses and this might be a bit of a problem. ik they don't accept a level resits but im not sure about gcse- maybe apply to a uni that doesnt look at gcses?

If I have a high Ucat score would this help me or give me a chance because I meet their requirements for gcse?
If King's are holistic is it the 'easiest' of the London dental schools to get into? Not that any of them are easy, but ykwim...
If King's are holistic is it the 'easiest' of the London dental schools to get into? Not that any of them are easy, but ykwim...

No, it’s the opposite if anything. When they say their application process is “holistic” what they actually mean is your chances of receiving an interview offer are greatest when you’ve got good stats all round. If you are weak in any aspect of your application, I don’t recommend KCL usually.*

*They have the enhanced support programme but that’s a different topic.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Mesopotamian.
No, it’s the opposite if anything. When they say their application process is “holistic” what they actually mean is your chances of receiving an interview offer are greatest when you’ve got good stats all round. If you are weak in any aspect of your application, I don’t recommend KCL usually.*

What about universities like QUML or Bristol for dentistry do you think that they are a good fit for having average gcse grades?
Original post by information_321
What about universities like QUML or Bristol for dentistry do you think that they are a good fit for having average gcse grades?

QMUL don’t really take GCSE into account as long as you have the minimum requirements of 777666. They shortlist based on a 50:50 weighting of UCAT score and UCAS points.

Bristol has a 100% weighting on UCAT score.
QMUL don’t really take GCSE into account as long as you have the minimum requirements of 777666. They shortlist based on a 50:50 weighting of UCAT score and UCAS points.

Bristol has a 100% weighting on UCAT score.

That probably is the best option to be honest. Thank you for your help.

Thank you that's very helpful. Which London dental school would you say has the best apicant to offer ratio?
My stats are:
GCSE: 9999999888
A levels: A*A*AA
UCAT: 2780 Band 1
Thank you that's very helpful. Which London dental school would you say has the best apicant to offer ratio?
My stats are:
GCSE: 9999999888
A levels: A*A*AA
UCAT: 2780 Band 1

Not too sure about ratios but your stats are good enough for KCL and pretty much all other dental schools. You can apply to both London schools if you want.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest