The Student Room Group

Sociology at LSE

Has anyone applied for this course?

If so what subjects you studying and what grades you expecting to achieve? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have! Studying psychology, biology, and philosophy & ethics, and I'm hoping to get AAB. :smile: Still not sure whether I want to go to LSE though even if I get an offer, since I haven't been and looked round it yet, and there are a couple of other unis I really like the sound of too.
Reply 2
My sister goes to LSE and studies sociology. She studied English, photography and sociology and got AAB.... Although I realise this thread is probably for the up and comings. Just thought I'd put that out there, as photography can be regarded as a super soft subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Thanks guys! 😃 do you know how long it takes them to reply to the offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by AbathaZoe
I have! Studying psychology, biology, and philosophy & ethics, and I'm hoping to get AAB. :smile: Still not sure whether I want to go to LSE though even if I get an offer, since I haven't been and looked round it yet, and there are a couple of other unis I really like the sound of too.

What other unis have you also applied for? 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dezdark
What other unis have you also applied for? 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bristol, Manchester, Sheffield and City University London (got my first offer from them a few hours ago :biggrin: ). How about you?
Reply 6
Ah nice. Durham, Exeter, Bristol, York 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I applied for sociology at LSE :smile: still waiting though '':3 Anyone got anything?
Original post by Dezdark
Ah nice. Durham, Exeter, Bristol, York

Posted from TSR Mobile

So which one is your favourite so far? I can't decide between Bristol, Manchester and LSE to be honest, I love them all! Also I live in York at the moment, so while I don't know much about the university, if you have any questions about the city in general I can probably answer them. :smile:

Original post by Jetmira18
I applied for sociology at LSE :smile: still waiting though '':3 Anyone got anything?

All I've had so far is an acknowledgement email saying they should make a decision in 12 weeks, and that they'll email me within the next two weeks to give me an update. I'm not expecting an offer yet since I only sent my UCAS off on monday.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by AbathaZoe
So which one is your favourite so far? I can't decide between Bristol, Manchester and LSE to be honest, I love them all! Also I live in York at the moment, so while I don't know much about the university, if you have any questions about the city in general I can probably answer them. :smile:

All I've had so far is an acknowledgement email saying they should make a decision in 12 weeks, and that they'll email me within the next two weeks to give me an update. I'm not expecting an offer yet since I only sent my UCAS off on monday.

I think my favourite is durham at the moment, and I also like Bristol and lse (not sure I will get an offer tho)

Manchester is suppose to be really fun! And have lots going on

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending