The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

2024 LSE anthropology and law

Hi is anyone applying for anthropology and law at LSE?
Applied for Anthropology on its own in October, nothing yet.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
Applied for Anthropology on its own in October, nothing yet.

Yeah I have heard they take their time with applications. What subjects do you do!?
hi has anyone heard back yet?
do you guys think they will give out offers/rejections during the easter break?
Original post by Anonymous #2
do you guys think they will give out offers/rejections during the easter break?

I know they gave out offers and rejections for other courses like economics during the easter break. For anthropology and law, I think they'll give it between the end of April and the final deadline in May.
Original post by Anonymous #3
I know they gave out offers and rejections for other courses like economics during the easter break. For anthropology and law, I think they'll give it between the end of April and the final deadline in May.

What makes you say that? ☹️ in the previous offer spreadsheets they seemed to give it on days at the start of easter and the end
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous #2
What makes you say that? ☹️ in the previous offer spreadsheets they seemed to give it on days at the start of easter and the end
They usually start with Law, then move on to Anthropology and then finally to Anthropology and Law which does mean they look at it by the end of the deadline period. Where did you find this spreadsheet? Could you please send me the link?
Original post by lawyer07
They usually start with Law, then move on to Anthropology and then finally to Anthropology and Law which does mean they look at it by the end of the deadline period. Where did you find this spreadsheet? Could you please send me the link?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/16FOUpL0hVxn9uYbYWtOZQsRiTWCQ9UNFthOVZE4XwxQ/htmlview#gid=974988413

You can see the 2024 responses as well as 2023 and 2022
Reply 10
LSE does take time to get back to you. LSE gave me an offer in May whereas my other 4 already gave me offers within the first 2 weeks of February. It's now just the waiting game, don't worry!
(for context, I applied last cycle, so I'm currently a first year studying Anthro and law at LSE xx)
Original post by GHM_T07
LSE does take time to get back to you. LSE gave me an offer in May whereas my other 4 already gave me offers within the first 2 weeks of February. It's now just the waiting game, don't worry!
(for context, I applied last cycle, so I'm currently a first year studying Anthro and law at LSE xx)

What is the anthropology dept like? Is it friendly?
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous
What is the anthropology dept like? Is it friendly?

Yes, very! And they are definitely more chill than the law department, but I guess that’s expected😂 our course operates under the Anthropology department so it’s good they’re nice!
Original post by GHM_T07
Yes, very! And they are definitely more chill than the law department, but I guess that’s expected😂 our course operates under the Anthropology department so it’s good they’re nice!

Hi! I am planning to apply next year for anthropology and law. I was just wondering how easy it is to get an offer and what they were looking for on a personal statement. I am planning to apply to mostly combination law and philosophy courses (because I'm interested in doing joint sociology or anthropology with law but so few unis do sociology and law). Will it hinder my chances that my personal statement will be mostly law and philosophy based? I've heard they want applicants to show they are actually interested in anthropology, what can I put on my personal statement that is anthropology related/ what work experience looks best? Also, what other courses and unis did you apply for? And what offer, predicted, and acheived + subjects? Sorry it's so many questions rolled into one, I am really interested in this course!!! Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending