The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Is Business Studies a-levels accepted by LSE? Urgent!

Is Business Studies a-levels accepted by LSE, as it's in their ''non-preferred'' list?
Original post by lost_springfield
Is Business Studies a-levels accepted by LSE, as it's in their ''non-preferred'' list?

According to their website;
Some subjects provide a less effective preparation for study at LSE. We refer to these as non-preferred subjects; please see the list below for guidance. These subjects should only be offered in combination with two traditional academic subjects. Therefore they may accept BS if you have say, Maths and Economics/ Sociology / History, Psychology etc. (If you have A level in Economics and Bus Studies, they are less likely to accept BS, as they could consider them to be too much of an overlap). Obviously it depends on what you want to study, but each course page has further information.

https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/Prospective-Students/How-to-Apply/Admissions-Information
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by bamtutor
According to their website;Some subjects provide a less effective preparation for study at LSE. We refer to these as non-preferred subjects; please see the list below for guidance. These subjects should only be offered in combination with two traditional academic subjects. Therefore they may accept BS if you have say, Maths and Economics/ Sociology / History, Psychology etc. (If you have A level in Economics and Bus Studies, they are less likely to accept BS, as they could consider them to be too much of an overlap). Obviously it depends on what you want to study, but each course page has further information.
https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/Prospective-Students/How-to-Apply/Admissions-Information

Oh okay, so I have History and Sociology along with Business and the former are in the preferred list, so now it's not an issue?
(edited 1 year ago)
Oh okay, so I have History and Sociology along with Business and the former are in the preferred list, so now it's not an issue?

should be okay then (assuming you get the grades they ask for).
Reply 4

Did you end up applying? Also what course did you apply for? I take business, economics and philosophy and also want to know if its possible to apply to LSE
Original post by hi12345679
Did you end up applying? Also what course did you apply for? I take business, economics and philosophy and also want to know if its possible to apply to LSE

as I noted earlier to the OP, Economics and Business may be too much of an overlap, so may not be accepted. The only way to know is to email LSE and ask them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending