The Student Room Group

student fincance

I want to know if I leave my course at Christmas how much and when do I have to pay back my student finance ?
Reply 1
You will have to pay back a small amount of your Maintenance Grant and Loan immediately, as part of your first term's payment is calculated to support you through the Christmas holidays. You might be better off officially dropping out early next year, just before your next payment is due, in order to avoid that. The rest of your first term's Maintenance Loan will be repayable in instalments when you start earning over the £21,000 per year terms.

How much of your year's Tuition Fee Loan you will owe, depends on your uni's policy. You need to check with them. Generally they will need a larger percentage of the fee paid, the longer you stay. At some point in the year they will expect 100% to be paid and that's what you'll owe Student Finance.

If you have any scholarships/bursaries from the uni, you may find that these have to be repaid in full. This will depend on the uni's terms and conditions, so check with them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending