The Student Room Group

What A-Levels Should i chose?

My career plan is to Study Drama and English Literature at University and do a PGCE Drama. I want to pick English Literature, Sociology and Psychology at A-Level and then either Drama and Theatre Studies Or Performance studies. I would rather do Performance studies but for my chosen career, is it better to to Theatre Studies?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by LuiEmmitt
My career plan is to Study Drama and English Literature at University and do a PGCE Drama. I want to pick English Literature, Sociology and Psychology at A-Level and then either Drama and Theatre Studies Or Performance studies. I would rather do Performance studies but for my chosen career, is it better to to Theatre Studies?

Shouldn't your forth subject be either Sociology or Psychology then your 2nd should be out of either Theatre Studies or Performance Studies?

Anyway...

I don't know what either of them consist of however, I am guessing the "performance" is looking at how to perform in a general sense, so you will have to read a lot of different writing styles, perform different genres, etc. Whilst Drama and Theatre Studies is all about acting rather than performing... You are obviously still performing, but for an audience that is watching a dramatic piece? I do believe you will have to study Shakespeare in Drama/Theatre Studies and I know you will definitely study him in Lit but Literature is all about reading his language and reading drama, whilst Drama/Theatre Studies will be studying the act of drama instead.

I would say go for Drama and Theatre Studies instead.

Quick Reply

Latest