The Student Room Group

Confused and worried about A levels and career choices

For a levels this year I chose biology, mandarin, chemistry and geography in the hope of going on to pursue medicine. I now feel doubtful about starting my courses and hope I haven't made the wrong choices. Don't get me wrong I have a huge interest in medicine but I keep having doubts that this ambition will fade in the future and I'll realise it's not for me. Another thing is that I don't particularly love chemistry or even really like it that much but I need it to get into med school. I chose chemistry over other subjects such as history which I really love but it doesn't have any benefits to medicine. I keep looking at the prospectus for history and wishing I was doing it as I have a huge passion for history and hope I aren't making the wrong choices by choosing subjects that will help me in the future that I don't like that much compared to subjects that I really love. Overall, im just generally confused and don't know what to do as school starts next week. Should I have more faith in myself and stick with my options or change to options that I will enjoy more but may sabotage my future in medicine???
Reply 1
i wanna go to medical school and a language is rlly good for a levels but if you can keep all 4 its ok..
i think a levels do matter but try doing good in ucat/bmat

-gcse student
(obsessed with watching med school stuff)

i felt sad nobody is replying to you and it would help so dont worry ..
Reply 2
Original post by Alm_xo
i wanna go to medical school and a language is rlly good for a levels but if you can keep all 4 its ok..
i think a levels do matter but try doing good in ucat/bmat

-gcse student
(obsessed with watching med school stuff)

i felt sad nobody is replying to you and it would help so dont worry ..

Quick Reply

Latest