The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Animation at Northumbria?

Hello Everyone!

I am an international (EU) student applying for entry in 2015 and the Animation course at Northumbria has caught my eye recently. I really Like Newcastle and Northumbria University. I've been impressed by how much of thorough information the site provides for each module!But I still have a couple questions.

I aspire to become a concept artist, ideally in the game industry. I am applying for illustration courses as well since I really need to have some academic practice with my traditional drawing skills but all illustration courses that I've looked at lack the digital element that's also needed in the game industry. For example, there isnt any training offreded in programmes like maya, 3dsmax, painter or photoshop.

The Animation BA course at Northumbria seems to cover the digital aspect well (please correct me if I'm wrong) but I am still wondering if it is balanced with a fairly focused approach to traditional art skills as well. In general though, would this course be suitable for someone aspiring to become a concept artist? Is the traditional art element still strongly present?

I'd love to hear from students with similar career aspirations as me or people who are taking this course. Or just anyone who might have an opion! All information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much!
Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses. :redface:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h: It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. :h: Hope this helps! :h:
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending