The Student Room Group

++-!-!-!-++ LNAT - Ultimate Preparation

I'v sent off my UCAS and I'm now set on taking the LNAT

Booked in for Thursday 26th. So, what do I do? I'm looking for handy tips on what people did, ways of preparation, did anyone buy any books? anything recommended? sample LNAT from site : I shall be practising in the next few days. What else ???

I got 10 days to prepare, from 15-25 .. and then booked on 26th.

THANX :smile:
Reply 1
My LNAT date is better ;jacko;
Reply 2
I'v sent off my UCAS and I'm now set on taking the LNAT

Booked in for Thursday 26th. So, what do I do? I'm looking for handy tips on what people did, ways of preparation, did anyone buy any books? anything recommended? sample LNAT from site : I shall be practising in the next few days. What else ???

I got 10 days to prepare, from 15-25 .. and then booked on 26th.

THANX

Personally I would...
say get the Mark Shepherd book for Multiple Choice preparation.

I mean there's 5 tests in there + one on the LNAT website, so if you get through all 6 in 10 days your preparation will be ideal. Also, for essay practice have a go at the essays in the back of that book but don't take too much notice of their sample ones because the style and length is nothing like LNAT want, just look at the ones on the LNAT website for help with that bit. O and read the letters to the Guardian & Independent (Times/Telegraph are getting too right wing for my liking)
Reply 3
kirstinx
My LNAT date is better ;jacko;

very helpful indeed :biggrin:

C'mon people, everyone's gone to sleep on here.
Reply 4
OK.. wat book would you recommend :confused:

The three I'm looking at are...

(LNAT) Mastering the National Admissions Test for Law (Paperback)
by Mark Shepherd

Its got average reviews on Amazon
http://www.amazon.co.uk/LNAT-Mastering-National-Admissions-Test/dp/1845680103

Kaplan LNAT: National Admissions Test for Law (Paperback)

No Reviews
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kaplan-LNAT-National-Admissions-Test/dp/1419541641/ref=pd_sbs_b_2/026-3208518-1614856?ie=UTF8

Passing the National Admissions Test for Law (LNAT) (Student Guides) (Paperback)
by Rosalie Hutton, Glenn Hutton

Two positive reviews
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Passing-National-Admissions-Student-Guides/dp/1846410010/ref=pd_sbs_b_1/026-3208518-1614856?ie=UTF8

Im thinking of going for the 3rd one ??? any views?
I've got the 3rd one Passing the National Admissions Test for Law (LNAT) by Rosalie Hutton and Glenn Hutton. I'd personally reccommend it as it gives you tips on how to improve your style, not just practice questions (which it has lots of too). If you'd like, I'll sell you mine on eBay at a cheaper price as the book it expensive to buy new, but mine's in great condition because I only read it once. Let me know what you think! I don't need it again so I'd rather it went to someone who did! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Rosalily
I've got the 3rd one Passing the National Admissions Test for Law (LNAT) by Rosalie Hutton and Glenn Hutton. I'd personally reccommend it as it gives you tips on how to improve your style, not just practice questions (which it has lots of too). If you'd like, I'll sell you mine on eBay at a cheaper price as the book it expensive to buy new, but mine's in great condition because I only read it once. Let me know what you think! I don't need it again so I'd rather it went to someone who did! :biggrin:

Great. well if its possible. :smile:

I'll be going to my central library tomorrow and asking for the three books.. but I doubt it they will have any.. If not. I'd be greatful if I could get it off you.

I shall PM you in due course, Watch this space. :smile:
Reply 7
umarf786
Great. well if its possible. :smile:

I'll be going to my central library tomorrow and asking for the three books.. but I doubt it they will have any.. If not. I'd be greatful if I could get it off you.

I shall PM you in due course, Watch this space. :smile:

ACTUALLY.. iv searched online on the library database and I can't find it..

So what price can u sell it at ? ..

1) price of item
2) postage/package
I've PM'd you :biggrin:
Reply 9
Why can't you just send it to him for free. I mean, you're not going to use it again.
Reply 10
Lol because she want to get some of the money back she paid on the book! I just ordered mine for 11.98 of play.com and will probably do the same!
Reply 11
I'd love to see some statistical evidence of just how these books/schemes actually inflate LNAT results...

http://www.thelawyer.com/cgi-bin/item.cgi?id=112511&d=11&h=24&f=46

It's all very interesting to see that the test which was marketed as "relatively impervious to coaching" (See Oxford, Cambridge, UCL, Bristol, UEA websites...) has become a military-like training exercise for so many students.. :frown:

Jo.
Reply 12
adil_2006
Lol because she want to get some of the money back she paid on the book! I just ordered mine for 11.98 of play.com and will probably do the same!

il probably do the same, after iv done my test :smile:
Dreama
I'd love to see some statistical evidence of just how these books/schemes actually inflate LNAT results...

http://www.thelawyer.com/cgi-bin/item.cgi?id=112511&d=11&h=24&f=46

It's all very interesting to see that the test which was marketed as "relatively impervious to coaching" (See Oxford, Cambridge, UCL, Bristol, UEA websites...) has become a military-like training exercise for so many students.. :frown:

Jo.

Unrelated but what do you think of statistical evidence on this site which relates to Oxbridge interviews.
i guess im bound to screw up on LNAT for i have got none of those books ppl talk about...........
I did lots of prep, no help at don't waste your time
Have you sold your copy already or do you still have it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending