The Student Room Group

What should I put to this on UCAS - Have you ever lived or worked in the EU??

Basically I've sent my UCAS form off and have put no for this question, but literally 2 days after I sent it I got my French workers status, (I work in the French alps). So I do work in the EU outside UK. My old sixth form have said they can said it back to me so I can amend it. Should I? Will it affect anything, ie make fees more/less expensive? I'm applying to 2 Scottish unis and 3 English.

Cheers :smile:
Reply 1
Why did you put 'no'? EU citizens can get loans to cover the tuition fees. That's all I know, sorry, I have no idea what the deal is with someone who works here. But I imagine things being explained on the uk student finance site, have you looked there?
Original post by iama
Why did you put 'no'? EU citizens can get loans to cover the tuition fees. That's all I know, sorry, I have no idea what the deal is with someone who works here. But I imagine things being explained on the uk student finance site, have you looked there?

No it's have you ever lived or worked in the EU excluding the UK. I'm English but I work in France at the moment and am registered as a French worker.
Reply 3
Original post by izzycawthorne
No it's have you ever lived or worked in the EU excluding the UK. I'm English but I work in France at the moment and am registered as a French worker.

Ah, then you should not worry about the fees, uk citizens have it the best. You should change it if you can just to be correct, it won't influence anything in this case regarding fees.
Reply 4
Original post by iama
Ah, then you should not worry about the fees, uk citizens have it the best. You should change it if you can just to be correct, it won't influence anything in this case regarding fees.

I'm not sure if you're right that it won't influence anything regarding fees. I'm also in the same situation. I'm English, applying for courses in Scotland and have worked in the EU.
One placement in Edinburgh got back to me and said if this was the case, then the fees would be considerably lower and confirmed this. Basically the same as an EU student (£1825) instead of the full rUK amount (£9000).

I'm having trouble getting the other placements to understand this though, so I'm not sure which I'm entitled to. I know which I'd prefer though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending