The Student Room Group

Residency details. UCAS application

Can anyone help? I have dual citizenship. Greek and UK passport holder. The problem is, I don't know which residential category to choose as the EU option specifically states non UK citizen in brackets after. Based on the information in UKCISA, I should qualify for Home fee status in England and RoUK fee staus in Scotland. Does anyone have any idea which option I should choose?
Original post by Dianne3
Can anyone help? I have dual citizenship. Greek and UK passport holder. The problem is, I don't know which residential category to choose as the EU option specifically states non UK citizen in brackets after. Based on the information in UKCISA, I should qualify for Home fee status in England and RoUK fee staus in Scotland. Does anyone have any idea which option I should choose?

Where do you currently live?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Where do you currently live?

In Greece
Reply 3
If you live permanently in the UK, but not in Scotland, and have a British passport, you will be Home fee status - and RoUK in Scotland.
Reply 4
If I'm reading it correctly, according to UKCISA, under the wihdrawal agreement, kids of expats have the fee statuses you mention, even if they permanently reside in the EU (at least for courses that begin before 2028)
Reply 5
Original post by Dianne3
If I'm reading it correctly, according to UKCISA, under the wihdrawal agreement, kids of expats have the fee statuses you mention, even if they permanently reside in the EU (at least for courses that begin before 2028)

Fee status is complicated - many UK passport holders living in the EU do qualify for Home fees, but it isnt always the case.
Reply 6
Original post by McGinger
Fee status is complicated - many UK passport holders living in the EU do qualify for Home fees, but it isnt always the case.

You're telling me. It seems like a minefield. I guess I'll just put Other on the UCAS residential category option and hopefully they'll help me clear it up???
If it falls to the Home Office it will take for ever to get it resolved
Original post by Dianne3
In Greece

In that case pick “other” on UCAS. That will prompt universities to ask for more details of residency so they can confidently assign your fee status
Original post by MichaelMaia
If it falls to the Home Office it will take for ever to get it resolved

Fee status is determined by universities following regulations set by the government (which are explained by ukcisa). The home office doesn’t have any say on individual fee statuses.
Reply 10
Original post by Dianne3
You're telling me. It seems like a minefield. I guess I'll just put Other on the UCAS residential category option and hopefully they'll help me clear it up???

'Other' is a sensible option - if any of your Unis need any other info they will just email you to ask for it - usually asking you to complete a Fee Questionnaire.
Reply 11
Original post by McGinger
'Other' is a sensible option - if any of your Unis need any other info they will just email you to ask for it - usually asking you to complete a Fee Questionnaire.

I thought so, thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending