The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Cous Cous. Tastes bland on its own but you can add anything to it. Simple enough. (All you need to do to cook it is add hot water).
Reply 2
stir frys are pretty quick, easy as its just chopping up vegetables then adding some hoi sin sauce, add noodles and your sorted
Reply 3
i make stir frys of almost anything, very simple and cheap as well.
Cous Cous/ rice/ pasta are great staples to have in. Buying or making a basic tomato sauce is useful too as you can use it as a base for dishes and then throw in vegetables or cheese or whatever you want to use up.

Omlettes are one of the quickest and easiest things to make I think and you can put in anything (potato is nice in them for a more filling meal).
Reply 5
Hmm, I've never tried cous cous. May just give it a go. Also, omlettes - genius idea, I love those :biggrin: Keep the ideas coming!
Reply 6
Pasta - Boil it, rinse it.
Heat up sauce, pour on top.
Grate cheese, add to top.

Throw dishes in the bin :wink:
Reply 7
Frozen food, all you need to do is put them in the oven at the set temp and wait for the amount of time (normally longer) and serve, easy enough. Cooking burgers and stuff is also easy... :smile:
Reply 8
My easiest recipe for food is just calling the pizza place, hardly any work involved at all!
Reply 9
kam
My easiest recipe for food is just calling the pizza place, hardly any work involved at all!

And with that Internet phone, only cost is for the pizza it self! :wink:
oo all i do sometimes is get some corned beef,onions,peppers,sweet corn,some veg if you like,chop everything up,fry it,and add it rice and you're good to go. if you want a sauce to eat with the rice,you can use tomato sauce and fry the stuff in it as well. :smile:
you can order pizza online as well! :biggrin:
Reply 12
January Victim
you can order pizza online as well! :biggrin:

This was online...via phone..haha free phone calls it is funny. The pizza wasn't as good as the normal place we use, which was closed :frown:
Reply 13
The easiest meal of all is jacket potato. Just pop it in the oven then forget about it for a couple of hours. (DO NOT MICROWAVE IT!!! YUCK!)

This is good even for people who think that easy means quick, cause you don't have to actively cook it for two hours. Let your oven do the work and do whatever you want (watch neighbours, the simpsons and hollyoaks :biggrin: )
Reply 14
Oven dish
Layer of tuna on the bottom (drained, obviously)
Layer of baked beans in the middle
Layer of mashed potato on top
Grated cheese on top (Optional, but awesome)
Whack it in the oven as hot as it'll go until the top goes brown. Bingo. Quality meal.
Reply 15
Pasta - Boil it, rinse it.
Heat up sauce, pour on top.
Grate cheese, add to top.

Throw dishes in the bin

:biggrin: ...

Haha, expensive though!

Oven dish
Layer of tuna on the bottom (drained, obviously)
Layer of baked beans in the middle
Layer of mashed potato on top
Grated cheese on top (Optional, but awesome)
Whack it in the oven as hot as it'll go until the top goes brown. Bingo. Quality meal.

:eek: You sir, are a genius. I have a tin of tuna and a tin of baked beans to use up, that sounds perfect! Roughly how long do you think it would take to cook?
Reply 16
Hurricane Kat
:eek: You sir, are a genius. I have a tin of tuna and a tin of baked beans to use up, that sounds perfect! Roughly how long do you think it would take to cook?

Normally half an hour should do it. Since all of the stuff's cooked already, it doesn't make too much difference, but it's nicer when it's gone a bit browner on top. It doesn't half fill you up too :biggrin:
Reply 17
Toasted sandwiches....
Reply 18
Instant noodles... and just add some veg and meat to it
Reply 19
minced meat or quorn mince if you're veggie is awesome...you can use it in anything

toasted sandwich with cheese

baked potato

pasta

tortilla

rice

shepherds pie

lasagna

spag bol

random recipe i made up:
cook minced meat with sweetcorn and red kidney beans. top with buttery cheesy mashed potato. serve with greek yoghurt. sounds gross but tastes awesome :biggrin:

Latest