The Student Room Group

apricot jam

there is this recipe i want to make but it uses apricot jam and i was jsut wondering if anyone has tried it and what can you do with it because i dont really want to buy a whole jar just for a couple spoons. the recipe cant really be changed because its a traditional recipe and i want it to be as authentic as possible.
sorry that was a bit of waffle - basically what iw as trying to say is, what does apricot jam taste like and do you have any ideas on what i could do with extra
Apricot jam tastes like jam with the traditional fruit flavour replaced with apricot flavour. You could use the extra as a substitute for your usual flavour of jam.

-Kao (Lancaster Maths & Stats Student Ambassador)
Original post by agent_duck343
there is this recipe i want to make but it uses apricot jam and i was jsut wondering if anyone has tried it and what can you do with it because i dont really want to buy a whole jar just for a couple spoons. the recipe cant really be changed because its a traditional recipe and i want it to be as authentic as possible.
sorry that was a bit of waffle - basically what iw as trying to say is, what does apricot jam taste like and do you have any ideas on what i could do with extra

Can you not find any smaller sized jars of apricot jam anywhere?

Like a 30 g jar or something? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bonne-Maman-Apricot-Conserve-30/dp/B01LZ87ZB0/ref=mp_s_a_1_17?adgrpid=115627906228&hvadid=578556341642&hvdev=m&hvlocphy=1006699&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=14022556511526829&hvtargid=kwd-410466087009&hydadcr=17347_2155003&keywords=mini+apricot+jam&qid=1691503126&sr=8-17
Reply 3
Original post by agent_duck343

I love apricot jam! I think its great on toast or crumpets, but I particularly love it on a croissant for breakfast! I also add a blob to yogurt sometimes if I'm craving something sweet. If I fancy a change I sometimes put it in a Victoria Sponge cake instead of strawberry or raspberry jam, and my family's favourite chocolate cake recipe uses apricot jam as a layer between the cake and the chocolate ganache (it goes really well together)! :smile:
Reply 4
I love apricot when it comes to the apricot jam it would be awesome for me, I am loving it .
Apricot jam is delicious. Buy a small jar to try.
Apricot jam ftw

Quick Reply

Latest