The Student Room Group
Reply 1
It depends completely what uni it's at, at Oxbridge etc interviews will be a seriously big deal where you'll have to speak the language for quite a long time, show evidence of lliterature study etc. Places like Birmingham for example when i went just showed us a video (with english subtitles) and asked us to discuss it for 15 mins!!! easy! But good luck with whatever you have!!!
Yeah interviews at Birmingham were ridiculous, they literally asked me a couple of really obvious questions like 'why languages' and that was it, but we did do a seminar which was fun. I also got interviewed at Cambridge and Southampton so I'll try to find what I wrote about them last year.
Reply 3
I only got interviewed by Cambridge and my other unis were Durham, St Andrews, Edinburgh, Bath and Hull so if you apply to any of those then I wouldn't worry. :smile:
I was asked: 'Franz Kafka said that literature is the axe for the frozen sea inside us. Do you agree?'
Reply 5
PrinceOfCats
I was asked: 'Franz Kafka said that literature is the axe for the frozen sea inside us. Do you agree?'

Hehehe, :biggrin: what did you say? :confused:
Reply 6
Ooh, ooh I remember one from my Cambs interview: "You said in your personal statement that the short stories of Guy de Maupassant are a good place to start for beginners of French Literature. Why do you think this?"

Latest

Trending

Trending