The Student Room Group

Medical Lab Assistant Job

I have a band 2 NHS MLA interview in 7 days and it is in the cytology department and I need some advice because I really need this job! Thank you.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by SongBird2020
I have a band 2 NHS MLA interview in 7 days and it is in the cytology department and I need some advice because I really need this job! Thank you.

Typical advice for any job interview
-Make sure you know what your passions are and how to articulate them when questioned
-Have examples from previous jobs where you displayed certain skills that they’ve listed in job specification
-RESEARCH company/organisation values and try to mention it in the interview linking to why you want the job e.g. innovation may be a key company value and you can link it to the stuff you will be doing and mention how it can drive innovation etc
-Be smart, presentable, friendly, build a rapport if you can (often difficult)
-Lastly, RELAX, don’t rehearse anything, don’t stress, just smile and engage with interviewer
Hi @SongBird2020

Some of the interview Questions of NHS may include previous research experience and your understanding of the role, alongside some situational-based questions. There might also a short aptitude test at the end. Some of the examples, probably, asked are:
1- What are the NHS core values?
2- What other departments are there within pathology?
3- Why are SOP procedures so important?
4- Give an example of when you worked in a team.
Hope this helps. Wishing you all the best for your interview:smile:.

Regards
Bhavya Harika
Student Ambassador
Coventry University

Reply 3

I have the same interview in a week's time. How did yours go and could you please let me know what questions they asked ?
Thank You

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending