This poll is closed

Are you on the female contraceptive pill

Yes72%
No - wouldn't6%
No - can't4%
Will once in relationship8%
Don't know yet.9%
Total votes: 95
After looking at the poll about male contraceptive pill it just got me thinking, how many of females on here are on the pill, would go on the pill if they were in a serious relationship, wouldn't anyway of don't know.

The side effects worry me, although once I've researched it myself and seen all about it I think I will probably go on it anyway. Really don't want kids, specially not at the moment.

Scroll to see replies

I've just entered my first proper relationship. I feel I should go on the pill, the side effects are vaired, and vary for the individual.
I'm on the pill I've been on it nearly a year now even though I did change from Cerazette to Microgynon 30 last month as Cerazette started causing constant periods. I don't want children yet. The pill is different for everyone and each different brand you try will have varying side effects. Some will effect you others wont.
Reply 3
I started on the pill about four months ago because I was in a relationship at the time. I'm not with anyone at the moment, but I'm still on it because I like my period being regular, and I haven't experienced any side effects at all.
Reply 4
I started the pill because of the cramps I used to get and the pill helped with that, I'm now in a long term relationship and it's more of an extra precaution as we usually use condoms too.

I had some side-effects (feeling sick) etc, but they went quickly, I'm happy with the pill right now.
Reply 5
The side effects of the pill have been over emphasised and put me off. I considered the patch but would like to know more about this and anyone's experience.
Reply 6
I'm on the pill for acne. It's worked really well and now I'm still on just because I've got into a habit that isn't doing any harm.
Reply 7
I've been on it since I was 18. Yay for the pillness.
Reply 8
i tried the patch and bled,plus i was always afraid it'd fall off.i'm on the pill now,have been for 2 years and it's been great. might try the injection,but will have to research into that as well. :smile: goodluck whatever you decide, need any more help? pm me :smile:
been on it for just over two years, was originally for potential pcos (which i've never bothered to be tested for)
Reply 10
In theory, I don't like it. I'm not ill, I have a perfectly happy normal hormonal cycle otherwise and so don't like having to interfere with my body systems artificially.

Practically, it's far more important to me to have peace of mind about pregnancy (which I absolutely cannot afford to let happen at the moment) than these ethical points. If I wasn't in a relationship I wouldn't take it though.
Reply 11
i originally went on the contraceptive pill because i was getting really bad acne triggered by my hormones that got worse around 'that time'.

but now i'm on it and my spots have moreorless cleared up theres no way i'm coming off of it. my periods are much lighter and i don't get as bad pains in my stomach - it was a real miracle for me :eek:
I'm not on it.I feel that condoms are enough to protect against babies(like,99% or something?)....I don't really fancy the side effects like weight gain etc anyway.
BluEyeDevil

The side effects worry me, although once I've researched it myself and seen all about it I think I will probably go on it anyway. Really don't want kids, specially not at the moment.

When I did research about the Pill the side effects scared me so much. But I haven't had any at all.
Reply 14
I'm on the pill. I've been on it for a year and a half, since I was 15. Went on it partly because my periods sucked and partly because I was in my first serious relationship.
Reply 15
does anyone here know about male contraception?

the patch gave me a reaction.
As yet there is no male contraception available to the public, bar condoms obv, and the snip (ouch :wink:). I am not on the pill but was, I am now on the implant, which I love :smile:
Helenia
In theory, I don't like it. I'm not ill, I have a perfectly happy normal hormonal cycle otherwise and so don't like having to interfere with my body systems artificially.

Practically, it's far more important to me to have peace of mind about pregnancy (which I absolutely cannot afford to let happen at the moment) than these ethical points. If I wasn't in a relationship I wouldn't take it though.

I thought you were on the implant? Surely that messes up your hormonal cyle just as much (it did mine).

Thinking of going on the pill, was on the implant then switched to the injection..ehich i kind of stopped having a few months ago. Haven't got round to sorting it out yet. I was sort of waiting for my periods to reappear..but have been told it could take years which is scary. Condoms do for now
Reply 18
Helenia

That's exactly how I feel.
Surely the question would be better if it included hormonal contraception in general rather than just the pill, because the principle is the same.

Latest

Trending

Trending