The Student Room Group

If you can answer all of my questions you are God

Basically, my mocks start in January and my real English lit exam is in like two weeks. Loads of people are like "blah mocks aren't that important blah blah" well, if I do well in mocks I'm more likely to revise more and aim for A*'s instead of A's. But instead of revising for mocks I'm sat here glaring at my physics book and typing this and suddenly my laptop has decided to fail and my keyboard isn't working properly so i have to keep going back to correct mistakes and wow if I posted it how it is right now I can guarantee no one could read it, I'm having trouble myself.

Basically, MOTIVATION. Is it hiding in Bellatrix's vault or even better buried with the orcs? Okay I'm really procrastinating. But seriously nothing motivates me. How do you get motivated?

Next question, how do you revise history without feeling suicidal?

How does one get an A in core and additional science coursework (exam board is OCR)?

How to definitely get an A* in maths?

This may sound like a joke but seriously, how do you stop watching tv shows 24/7. Like, instead of revising this half term I've literally rewatched the whole of breaking bad and bates motel. Is there anything I can tell myself to stop this, honestly.

MY LAPTOP IS OKAY AGAIN

How do you scrape a C in French? Seriously I messed up back in year 9 I just stopped listening now I'm paying for it.

I SPOKE TOO SOON

And finally, I'm doing maths, physics, chemistry/English lit (not sure yet) and economics at A-level, if you do any of these can you tell me how you're finding them?
Maybe the answer to most if not all of your questions is to stop wasting time creating this thread. :rolleyes:
Reply 2
1. Turn off the TV/games console/non-study related browser tabs.
2. Write a revision plan tonight
3. Clean up your diet, as in eat more healthily, not eat less food.
4. Go to bed early
5. Stick to your plan and revise for several hours
6. Repeat until your exams are done

Provided that you put in the effort, this is the solution to all of your problems.
1.Pick subjects you enjoy, or remember why you want the grades so much. If you enjoy the work or have a clear goal it is much easier to get motivated.

2. Oh no, I'm not god! I didn't take history so can't help you.

3. I did EdExcel, but make sure that each section eg. Equipment, hypothesis, conclusion, etc. has enough thought and detail.

4. Get 90%? To get that do lots of past papers and textbook questions.

5. Same underlying problem and solution as 1.

6. I'm definitely not god. I didn't study this either.

7. I do maths, further maths, biology, chemistry and physics. I find them good, interesting etc. and have achieved good grades in them. However, you do need to get used to working for the grades for A-level as these subjects require a lot of work.
Original post by thewytches
Basically, my mocks start in January and my real English lit exam is in like two weeks. Loads of people are like "blah mocks aren't that important blah blah" well, if I do well in mocks I'm more likely to revise more and aim for A*'s instead of A's. But instead of revising for mocks I'm sat here glaring at my physics book and typing this and suddenly my laptop has decided to fail and my keyboard isn't working properly so i have to keep going back to correct mistakes and wow if I posted it how it is right now I can guarantee no one could read it, I'm having trouble myself.

Basically, MOTIVATION. Is it hiding in Bellatrix's vault or even better buried with the orcs? Okay I'm really procrastinating. But seriously nothing motivates me. How do you get motivated?

Next question, how do you revise history without feeling suicidal?

How does one get an A in core and additional science coursework (exam board is OCR)?

How to definitely get an A* in maths?

This may sound like a joke but seriously, how do you stop watching tv shows 24/7. Like, instead of revising this half term I've literally rewatched the whole of breaking bad and bates motel. Is there anything I can tell myself to stop this, honestly.

MY LAPTOP IS OKAY AGAIN

How do you scrape a C in French? Seriously I messed up back in year 9 I just stopped listening now I'm paying for it.

I SPOKE TOO SOON

And finally, I'm doing maths, physics, chemistry/English lit (not sure yet) and economics at A-level, if you do any of these can you tell me how you're finding them?

Motivation is bulls*it, discipline is what you need.
Btw Breaking Bad <3<3<3<3<3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending