The Student Room Group

Macbeth quote help

hi all, just a quick macbeth quote question. Im on OCR so doing macbeth tomorrow. could i be able to offer up 'Will all great Neptune’s ocean wash this blood/ Clean from my hand?' with going into detail with the 'neptune' talking about how macbeth has lost his faith, or rather believes he is past the point of salvation with the christian god, and as such is desperately searching for something else to put his faith into i.e. the Roman Gods??? or is that just waffle??
Reply 1
Original post by R-pike9
hi all, just a quick macbeth quote question. Im on OCR so doing macbeth tomorrow. could i be able to offer up 'Will all great Neptune’s ocean wash this blood/ Clean from my hand?' with going into detail with the 'neptune' talking about how macbeth has lost his faith, or rather believes he is past the point of salvation with the christian god, and as such is desperately searching for something else to put his faith into i.e. the Roman Gods??? or is that just waffle??

That is Great (I used it for AQA a week ago) Just add in that the fact he answers his own question 'no' shows to the Christian jacobean audience that no pagan god has the power to forgive regicide and that the Christian God will never forgive it

Both points you made are good. To get to marks though, Include both of them in an essay and then evaluate (Decide which one is better)
Reply 2
Original post by JQ2neeky
That is Great (I used it for AQA a week ago) Just add in that the fact he answers his own question 'no' shows to the Christian jacobean audience that no pagan god has the power to forgive regicide and that the Christian God will never forgive it

Both points you made are good. To get to marks though, Include both of them in an essay and then evaluate (Decide which one is better)

Yeah of course bahaha. I didn't wanna write a whole essay paragraph for TSR but thank you a lot!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending