The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ak2015
I have a typical American accent. People here go crazy over anyone that sounds exotic haha

Nah Brits aren't a fan of American accents
A mixture of North-East, South-East and Dutch.
Reply 42
Original post by Edminzodo
Apparently, I have a Jeremy Clarkson accent. Although I think that having a quad-helix brace in my mouth just taught me to pronounce words properly . . .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does Clarkson have good pronunciation?
Reply 43
Original post by hdaindak
Nah Brits aren't a fan of American accents

Yes, I thought that was the consensus, no idea what the American is talking about :P
I used to have a Scottish accent - specifically, Edinburgh

Now I'm kinda London/South-East. Become a bit posher in formal occasions
I was told I have a 'winterfell' accent.
I don't have an accent I swear.
Welsh. I don't think I sound very Welsh, yet when I was in England for a week everyone said I sounded really Welshie. I've also been told I can sometimes sound posh, but I think that's due to how I pronounce some words.
posh Brummie :lolwut:
Normal southern English accent most of the time although I occasionally go northern for inexplicable reasons, or the odd word in an American accent for more explicable reasons.
A non-regional English accent.
Original post by SirMasterKey
A mixture of North-East, South-East and Dutch.

Would love to hear what that sounds like!

I myself have a pretty american one, but I tone it down when I speak to my parents because they hate it *sigh*
Reply 51
'Thames Estuary'

Dropping the H from Start of words and the T in the middle of words.
posh with a bit of irish...
Strong mancunian accent
Original post by alexschmalex
Would love to hear what that sounds like!

I myself have a pretty american one, but I tone it down when I speak to my parents because they hate it *sigh*

Well at a guess I have that as I know I've lost my northern accent but seemed to pick up more Dutch in one year than living in the south east for 10 years.
Generic southern perhaps? I talk really really quickly too.

Although I've lived in the south-west for the last 15 years and haven't in the slightest picked up a Westcountry accent.
RP :smug:

Dunno really. An accent which mixes RP Coventry, Norfolk and Indian.

Posted from TSR Mobile
A typical London accent

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
I get: "are you posh or 'sank'?" Or: "Is you like gay or 'sank'?" I swear I have a South African accent that is quite not South African....
I'm from the North :smile: My dad's Lancashirian born and bred but I've picked up more of my Mother's slightly Southern accent so I sound Southern (posh) to Northerners and Northern (common) to Southerners!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest