The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

How strong are accents in Liverpool / Liverpool University?

I may decide to go to University of Liverpool, but one thing that might one factor against going is that I'm afraid accents might be a little more difficult to understand.

I'm from South East England and I don't think there are not many strong accents around here. Anyone from Liverpool able to show their experiences with the people and their accents? Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I may decide to go to University of Liverpool, but one thing that might one factor against going is that I'm afraid accents might be a little more difficult to understand.

I'm from South East England and I don't think there are not many strong accents around here. Anyone from Liverpool able to show their experiences with the people and their accents? Thanks!

Honestly they’re not bad at all , a lot of people from all over come to study there! Personally I’ve not really had an issue with accents weather it’s lecturers or other people on campus.

Dont worry about it too much!
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Hi there,

So the Liverpool, or 'scouse' accent is quite strong for sure, but you not to the extent that you won't be able to understand the locals! You'll quickly get used to it, and the strength of the accent definitely differs, with many people from Liverpool having quite a 'soft' version of the accent. If you are wondering about understanding academics I wouldn't worry, there are lecturers from all over the UK (and beyond) so you'll be hearing a mixture of accents at the University...you can count hearing and understanding a range of accents as a new skill and experience you will develop at University!

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending