The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 1
beast0rz
Loving one of the courses the Scarborough campus offers, but not too keen on what I've heard about Scarborough.

Can anyone offer a little insight?

Cheers

I've been to the Scarborough Campus for my Interview and loved it there :smile:. I really liked the friendly atmosphere and the genuine people, it was sooo good. Even though the campus is small, it is good as you get to know lots of people and would know loads within the first week there. I really want to go now! But I'll have to be waiting for the letter of acception or rejection...:redface: *nervous even more*.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
It is a very nice atmosphere. There's a lot of friendly people and the lecturers are quite good.

The only downside is there's nothing to do besides drinking - Which is great for a while, but the novelty wears off.
Reply 3
I really need to visit, but I think I'm warming to it. My first impression was "eugh stay away" because I'd always had an impression of Scarborough being pretty violent, but yeah, sounds like it's not as bad as I thought.

I live in a small village with the nearest town being one with the worst high-street in the UK according to the BBC a few years ago, so I'm not that bothered by there not being much to do other than getting pissed.

Is there anything for live music though? (preferably metal)
Reply 4
i went there earlier this year...march i think. and i LOVED it there...iv accepted it as my first choice now. off to creative music tech in sept! i reccomend it. anyone else going to do CMT in september?

ive heard theres a gd music scene there as well. and its really easy to get your own band a gig if you have one! :biggrin:

Latest