The Student Room Group

Student couple moving to York need help!

Hello, Myself and my boyfriend have university places for UoY and YSJ this September. Being May, we are panicking about accommodation as we still haven't found a place that is suitable for us. We are in desperate need of help! We are looking for something small and modern, preferably a studio flat, but are completely open to a house/flat share! Obviously it needs to be eligible for dual occupancy and we'd love for costs to remain below £160 per week, inclusive of all bills.We would greatly appreciate any advice from couples who have moved far from home for university, and any suggestions of estate agents or specific landlords who can help us will be great! We have been hung up on and rejected by many estate agents once I tell them we're students looking in the private sector housing!!! Thank you for any responses below. We hope everyone is keeping safe and healthy.F
Original post by FlossBoss
Hello, Myself and my boyfriend have university places for UoY and YSJ this September. Being May, we are panicking about accommodation as we still haven't found a place that is suitable for us. We are in desperate need of help! We are looking for something small and modern, preferably a studio flat, but are completely open to a house/flat share! Obviously it needs to be eligible for dual occupancy and we'd love for costs to remain below £160 per week, inclusive of all bills.We would greatly appreciate any advice from couples who have moved far from home for university, and any suggestions of estate agents or specific landlords who can help us will be great! We have been hung up on and rejected by many estate agents once I tell them we're students looking in the private sector housing!!! Thank you for any responses below. We hope everyone is keeping safe and healthy.F

I can’t really help you in a constructive way sorry but I was browsing the forums and saw your message- I spent my first year at York in Halls and then moved to Scarborough for 2 years. The trains to York were good and living by the sea was fantastic. Happy days! Good luck at York
Reply 2
Original post by Toxteth O’Grady
I can’t really help you in a constructive way sorry but I was browsing the forums and saw your message- I spent my first year at York in Halls and then moved to Scarborough for 2 years. The trains to York were good and living by the sea was fantastic. Happy days! Good luck at York

I'm guessing places in Scarborough are much cheaper than in the city? Is it worth spending less on rent but having to have the costs of commuting? Thank you for your reply!
Hi Dear,

There are a number of student accommodation providers in the UK. Choose the provider who will provide you the best student accommodation York. The room will be in your budget or all bills will be included.

Choose accommodation near to your university so you will save money from travelling. You can browse Best Student Halls websites to find budget-friendly and verified places to stay in UK's. A large variety of room types, including student halls, shared and en suite rooms and apartments are available at 100% free service charge. They also provide the offer on booking the accommodation check on the website. You will get more Idea about it.

Otherwise, you can contact them, they will guide you to choose the best student accommodation in York.

Hope you find your accommodation.

Thanks
Original post by FlossBoss
I'm guessing places in Scarborough are much cheaper than in the city? Is it worth spending less on rent but having to have the costs of commuting? Thank you for your reply!

It was a few years ago now, so unsure of up to date rental prices. Train tickets were cheap with my student railcard and I found there was a lot of job opportunities in Scarborough in the summer season, so I didn’t have to go home. I never liked York itself (the city not the uni) and was rather unimpressed, however Scarborough was a great place to live in both the summer and the winter. Good luck
Hey, did you manage to work it out? My partner and I are in the same situation right now and I could really use your advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending