The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gunshot riddim
yeah true, rockets were never gonna win, though they played well in games 1 & 2, curry was on a next hype in game 3 and I cant see them losing control of it. pretty much exactly that on the hawks, they had a good flow going earlier in regular season from what I saw but now just look sloppy

Yeah I think when it comes to playoffs the wheels fall off on teams that have small individual quality but a good team spirit.

Curry went so HAM in game 3. Cleveland vs Golden State seems like a good matchup tbh, hopefully Irving is fully fit by then.

Also Lebron got a triple double vs Hawks, such a rape.
Original post by Mackay
Nah I'm a big cricket fan.

Tbf, rugby is dreadful and I have no idea why it's so popular.

Darts > football > cricket > boxing > golf > F1 > rugby.

Darts is brilliant.
Basketball>Football>>Ice Hockey>Rugby=American Football=Formula 1>Tennis>Golf>Baseball>>>>>Cricket

Football usually is above but when you have seasons as **** as this one you have to choose another sport, I lost interest in PL football around November time, even the relegation battle wasn't even a battle as you knew Hull were down regardless. Last season was the most interesting season I've seen in a while and even though Chelsea didn't win anything it was interesting from a tactical perspective.

I have very little hopes for next season too.

GSW at least with the way playoffs work will be given a run for their money next season if they win this one. Doubt they'll dominate for too long, that's even assuming they'll beat Cleveland.
Original post by sr90
Darts is brilliant.

I get more excited for the World's in December than Christmas. Went Ally Pally last year. So great!
Original post by jam277
Yeah I think when it comes to playoffs the wheels fall off on teams that have small individual quality but a good team spirit.

Curry went so HAM in game 3. Cleveland vs Golden State seems like a good matchup tbh, hopefully Irving is fully fit by then.

Also Lebron got a triple double vs Hawks, such a rape.

:coma: he had such a poor start too. credit to the hawks for actually making it a fight though. did you see that peoples elbow by horford though :lol:.

cavs vs gs will be good if cavs get love and irving fit, at the moment james is having to carry this team, guy is clutch but he wont be able to pull it off consistently and will probably injure himself in the process.
Reply 4745
For those of you who work, what do you take to eat? Can't always afford to buy stuff and I can see myself getting sick of having sandwiches or pasta every other day.
Original post by SA-1
For those of you who work, what do you take to eat? Can't always afford to buy stuff and I can see myself getting sick of having sandwiches or pasta every other day.

Funny enough I was going to suggest sandwiches or pasta. I mean what else is convenient to take :lol:
Reply 4747
Original post by AR_95
Funny enough I was going to suggest sandwiches or pasta. I mean what else is convenient to take :lol:

Guess the most you can do is play around with what goes in the sandwiches

That and/or leftovers
Original post by SA-1

Rice, Pasta, Chicken, Fish. Pizza.

Problem is that if you're working you're not going to have loads of time to cook a 5 star meal to take to work. I find curried rice a good one. Just make a sauce in a rice cooker, put some chicken and rice etc in it and it will make you enough meals for the week.

There's also hot dogs. Beans, etc.
Reply 4749
Grill a few chicken breasts in the seasoning/marinade of your choice, microwave or better yet roast some veg e.g. broccoli and peppers, bake some sweet potatoes. Divide them into plastic tupperware for the week. Keep the first few in the fridge, stick the others in the freezer and defrost the night before.

Simple, easy, healthy meal with all necessary nutrition. It's what bodybuilders eat on a regular basis (but obviously in much bigger portions).
Original post by Mackay
I get more excited for the World's in December than Christmas. Went Ally Pally last year. So great!

I've been to PLD before and it's a great night out, most people just treat it as a glorified piss up.
Original post by sr90
I've been to PLD before and it's a great night out, most people just treat it as a glorified piss up.

It's great. I fancied going to the Premier League this year but work commitments meant I missed out.
Original post by SA-1

Pasta, sandwiches, wraps is pretty much all you can do. If your place has a microwave that opens up things like burgers, chips, ready meals, rice. I usually get something like scotch eggs, pork pies, fridge raiders, sausage rolls too if I'm on nights (which I am currently) otherwise the slop served in the canteen is good enough (barely)
Going Darts next time at Ally Pally for sure. Probably the most authentic working class lads atmosphere of any sport.
Lol at people heating up pizzas etc at work.

Where I used to work you got a sandwhich in 5 minutes tops and eat it at your desk
or just get a wife.

- amazing meals every night that you cant be bothered to cook? sorted.

- Chinese left-overs all boxed up ready for you to take to work the next day? sorted.

Job done

Spoiler

Original post by Lúcio
I normally watch F1 highlights.

Don't follow rugby unless it's Six Nations or the World Cup, but it's always great to watch.

Golf and Cricket (unless 20/20) are the most boring things I can think of.

Tennis majors aren't that bad, especially if you're watching your favourite play.
Wouldn't bother with anything lower than the 4 Grandslams though.

Cricket culture can be lovely at amature level. Was in a Buckinghamshire village last summer when they played on the village green one a beautiful Sunday morning. Sat there eating cucumber sandwiches and drinking G&Ts thinking ''Oh to be an Englishman'' before getting the train back to London and realising how different the rest of the country is
Reply 4757
Original post by Zürich
Cricket culture can be lovely at amature level. Was in a Buckinghamshire village last summer when they played on the village green one a beautiful Sunday morning. Sat there eating cucumber sandwiches and drinking G&Ts thinking ''Oh to be an Englishman'' before getting the train back to London and realising how different the rest of the country is

Seems like you can't decide between upper and lower class lifestyles. Must be middle class.
Downloaded a program to block TSR and other sites so I would do some revision
So of course now I'm using a proxy to get around it

strong willpower
Original post by difeo
Downloaded a program to block TSR and other sites so I would do some revision
So of course now I'm using a proxy to get around it

strong willpower

Smh.

I created a new user account on my laptop, and didn't log in to the stuff I usually use. Would still go on it via my phone from time to time though.

Latest