The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by So Instinct

I was gonna say, this gif is so creepy and you've posted it on like the beginning of three threads :lol:

Edit: Also, congrats The.Joker :h:
Original post by The.Joker
So I got an offer from UCL today to study History (SSEES), I'm so glad as I was bracing myself for a rejection since I'm on gap year retaking a few exams. :dance:

Congrats :biggrin: I think most unis are a lot softer on retakes than they were a few years ago due to the student caps being removed (among various other reforms), it's not something to worry about!
^ Mods, that sex offends me. My innocence has been taken away.
So I got an offer from UCL today to study History (SSEES), I'm so glad as I was bracing myself for a rejection since I'm on gap year retaking a few exams. :dance:

Congratulations! UCL is a brilliant uni for history as well! :smile:

Remember the night I got an offer from LSE, ended up puking my guts out on Trafalgar Sq after a celebratory piss up. Twas grand.
(edited 9 years ago)
Underrated tune from an overrated band

Unfortunate connotations with Man Utd however
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 585
Anyone want a game of FIFA?

Original post by sr90
Congrats :biggrin: I think most unis are a lot softer on retakes than they were a few years ago due to the student caps being removed (among various other reforms), it's not something to worry about!

Thanks. :smile:
I'm just grateful they gave me an offer since my grades aren't good at all, now to work hard to meet it. :colone:

EDIT: Well done on the new job btw, I'm glad things are going well for you now!! :biggrin:

Original post by Zürich
Congratulations! UCL is a brilliant uni for history as well! :smile:

Remember the night I got an offer from LSE, ended up puking my guts out on Trafalgar Sq after a celebratory piss up. Twas grand.

Cheers Zurich, I'm honestly not surprised you vomited from drinking too much. :lol:

Original post by Kenan and Kel

I love the wire! I actually just started watching season 3. :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 588

Ahh that'd great. Atm unis are hesitating to give me an offer because I can't get any predicted grades.

Do have two offers in though which isn't so bad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eboracum
70, 76

A dream start to third year. :colondollar:

Congratulations man, great results.

Got mine the other day, didn't do too shabby either. Mind you first year is a lot easier...

Spoiler

Original post by VanGaalOut
Congratulations man, great results.

Got mine the other day, didn't do too shabby either. Mind you first year is a lot easier...

Spoiler

why do we fall Bruce?
Original post by swirly
why do we fall Bruce?

So we can learn to pick ourselves up :smile:

Spoiler

Congratz, I graduated from UCL (MEng Civil Engineering) last summer so if you have any question, chuck me a PM.
God i don't even look at this thread.
Original post by Kenan and Kel

A bit of advice though. Target Eboracum. If you break Eb, you break the lot. He's the ringleader.

I know I'm slow but Eb has got to be VanGaalOut right? :lol:
You know, I think America is a force for good in this world. Regardless of creed, ethnicity, religion etc we can all feel the power of America. A country that can go from Jim Crow to Obama, wow that's special man!

But America is on a course for war, always war. Americans are the best of people, they do not wish war, but this Fox News/NRA agenda has people reaching for their guns.

It is sad, America could be much better.

(edited 9 years ago)
****ing hell Zurich, how many have you had?
Not joking here, Tom_Ford is exactly the kind of guy I would expect to walk into his 6th form or into a random shop and just start shooting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2638049/7-dead-drive-shooting-near-UC-Santa-Barbara.html

The guy is a psychopath if I ever saw one
Also, got an interview for a job in Berlin in 2 weeks. Salary is average but when you factor in the cost of living compared with London and the fact I can live a complete hipster dickhead drinking Astrol beer on the Spree at 7am, it's decent.

My bro lives in Berlin and he loves it tbf, his rental contract in London ran up last month and for literally half the price he's got a nicer spot.

Huge issue is that the interview will be basically in German and I am very hit and miss. Never properly actually learned the language and basically have spiced together Dutch and what I heard by ear when I was in Munich for Uni. If they get formal, I am ****ed. My brother basically describes me as someone who sounds like they speak acceptable German until the moment you realise I actually am guessing.

That feel when you have no idea what the German for 'reimbursement' is and literally say ''the payment you give me for turning up'' instead. That feel when you talk like a retard to avoid words you dont know

:laugh:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Not joking here, Tom_Ford is exactly the kind of guy I would expect to walk into his 6th form or into a random shop and just start shooting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2638049/7-dead-drive-shooting-near-UC-Santa-Barbara.html

The guy is a psychopath if I ever saw one

What makes you say that? :biggrin:
In all seriousness, I am actually offended. Not by the psychopath claim because at 1% of the population it is relatively usual.

But because you suggest that I would have the idiocy to just pop an uzi out. This is not Santa Barbara, Los Angeles, California... or wherever the **** place in the USA where some minority kids roll out and start shooting at randomers in a drive by... It is unsophisticated and screams "butcher's knife", "cleaver", rather than "scalpel".

I am a Law graduate and was always taught that you handle things on the right side of the law. :smile:

Latest