The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swirly
signed a contract for Nokia E72 at 17. u mad

bros?

contract isnt for me atm my mums offsick and my dad isnt really stacking up the doe so contract is a no no..
Reply 781
Original post by sr90
As long as you're on the electoral roll you should be alright tbh. I got one within days of turning 18

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was rejected by Vodafone
Original post by AR_95
I was rejected by Vodafone

#par

I know how you feel though. I tried to sign Jese Rodriguez to Everton and agreed the price with Madrid, but he rejected the contract:frown:
Reply 783
Original post by swirly
#par

I know how you feel though. I tried to sign Jese Rodriguez to Everton and agreed the price with Madrid, but he rejected the contract:frown:

Not really a par haha I had only had my account open for a couple of months at the time
Reply 784
Just watched inception for the first time.

Man knew he was still in a dream.
Original post by jam277

Interesting, the spinning top is not Cobbs totem, it's actually his ring. In every scene where he stands, the ring is in his finger. While awake, no ring.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam277

Nah it was real at the end.
Original post by Tom_Ford
Nah it was real at the end.

Proven by my ring theory ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 788
Original post by adam_don
Interesting, the spinning top is not Cobbs totem, it's actually his ring. In every scene where he stands, the ring is in his finger. While awake, no ring.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought that was his totem, along with his wifes? Dw though I figured out. Also would have never seen the kids faces because the memory is of him not being able to see the kids. Also Michael Caine was never in the dream.

[The spinning top] drops at the end, that’s when I come back on. If I’m there it’s real, because I’m never in the dream. I’m the guy who invented the dream.”

(edited 9 years ago)
Been a while miscers.

Original post by swirly
go get an iphone contract FFS

#soprestige #noteveryonewantsaniphone :tongue:

Original post by scrawlx101
links? and thanks-which of the the two do u reccomend?

Personal preference wins at the end of the day, just get whatever looks best to you.
Reply 790
One thing I don't get though is how he got into Saidos head at the end. If this was the 4th layer of the dream, he supposedly grew old with his wife there right? Although would it be a 4th layer, since it's probably just Cobbs dream state, while the first three were dreams.

Also the totem was wobbling in the real world.
I also agree with the wedding ring theory.
The significant thing was not whether it was real or not. It was that Cobb simply didn't care anymore, he set his totem spinning, but cared not to watch it- he just wanted to be with his kids, real or not.
Reply 793
Original post by swirly
The significant thing was not whether it was real or not. It was that Cobb simply didn't care anymore, he set his totem spinning, but cared not to watch it- he just wanted to be with his kids, real or not.

So basically what his wife was saying about the dream and how he had doubts about the real world was true?
Original post by jam277
So basically what his wife was saying about the dream and how he had doubts about the real world was true?

No the point was that he was at peace. He was no longer concerned with whether it was the real world or not, there was no doubt in his mind- he just wanted to be with his kids.

Most people focus on the wobble from the totem, when the key point about that scene was that Cobbe set the totem spinning and then walked away.
iPhones are for mugs.
Swirly is right. At least that's how I interpreted it.
the real neat thing about inception was the idea of inception itself.

the concept of subliminally planting something in someone's brain, which the film does. I remember coming out of the cinemas being like woah I could be in a dream right now and not even realise.
Nobody even asks the opinion of the psychologist :frown:
Original post by swirly
the real neat thing about inception was the idea of inception itself.

the concept of subliminally planting something in someone's brain, which the film does. I remember coming out of the cinemas being like woah I could be in a dream right now and not even realise.

What if the film was a dream and we as the audience were just figureheads of it?

Latest