The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Depleted
Oh cool so you wanna get shot or lynched

We acting like the clear closet institutional racism in England is much better.

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Jam, remind me, what is your career ambition? :smile:

To chase money. Honestly I have none at this moment. Right now I just want any 16-20k job. So then I can become financially secure, from there I will look to do what I want to do, make a business of some sort with the money I have, or compose music. Literally aim is to be decent financially then to work harder towards it :frown:

I'd like to do some administrative work, but most of my ambitions are to go to various countries and experience the various cultures there.

Banger.

- Anyways before I forget what I was going to ask, any of you good at public speaking? Or **** at it?

Used to be **** at it. I'm still learning at it but I'm getting better.

I find that arrogance helps in the situation, just thinking you are the best will get rid of the nerves. Don't focus on the mistakes, focus on your strengths and push away your weaknesses. I find that looking at inspiring men or women in your case speak helps with public speaking. E.g. if I have to say a speech or answer questions in public I look at Barack Obama. Tends to be if you have a voice that has a melody when it speaks people love the way you speak.

Original post by sr90
Loads of people on here have requested a ban and every single one has come back before it was due to expire.

Lol essentially me and SUG.

Literally the only reason why I have 3 accounts.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam277
Used to be **** at it. I'm still learning at it but I'm getting better.

I find that arrogance helps in the situation, just thinking you are the best will get rid of the nerves.

Yh said that earlier, having superiority complex allows you to bull**** your way through and gives an aura you know what you're talking about. Doesn't work if they ask questions tho and you're giving **** answers whilst being arrogant about it, they'll downgrade you instantly.
Awesome football news today:

- Beckford recounts his journey to get back to health and back into football, and considering early retirement, with the struggle coping with his career-threatening horror injury: the ear infection

- Roy having to send his players video messages because they were all "too busy" to get together, because the 2 hours training takes so much out of your day, and they have to get round to betting and gambling because they're "bored" and "had nothing to do all day".

- Blatter can't be arsed. One rival he can sabotage, but when there's 4 or 5 why bother?

- BBC describes Robbie Savage as a "football expert"
Yh said that earlier, having superiority complex allows you to bull**** your way through and gives an aura you know what you're talking about. Doesn't work if they ask questions tho and you're giving **** answers whilst being arrogant about it, they'll downgrade you instantly.

Said also looking at influential people in TV debates helps. Any guy that has a problem with public speaking needs to watch Obama in a debate or make a speech and copy how he speaks.

Also while doing the speech, don't just let people listen to the words, let them listen to your body language. Staying there like a potato will make you more nervous and less authentic when speaking.
Original post by jam277
Said also looking at influential people in TV debates helps. Any guy that has a problem with public speaking needs to watch Obama in a debate or make a speech and copy how he speaks.

Also while doing the speech, don't just let people listen to the words, let them listen to your body language. Staying there like a potato will make you more nervous and less authentic when speaking.

Agree. 90% of it is about the aura. Obama is one of the best I've ever heard to be honest, even when I think he's talking utter **** I'm mesmerised by how he comes across. Ed Miliband is pretty awful at this tbh (seen him at a speech live), but would say body language is just as if not more important than the content (as in if someone finds you boring even if you're saying something spot on they ain't gonna listen to you).
Agree. 90% of it is about the aura. Obama is one of the best I've ever heard to be honest, even when I think he's talking utter **** I'm mesmerised by how he comes across. Ed Miliband is pretty awful at this tbh (seen him at a speech live), but would say body language is just as if not more important than the content (as in if someone finds you boring even if you're saying something spot on they ain't gonna listen to you).

I mean the way in which the content is said. Body Language is included I mean.

Ed Miliband is a very awkward guy, he doesn't seem like he's the kind of person who's relishes speaking in public. British people are quite terrible at this. Found Tony Blair to be quite good at Public Speaking and having a strong aura. Putin supposedly is a beast at being a status guy too.
I'm going to be a boss and watch this solar eclipse without those glasses.
Original post by Dirtybit
I'm going to be a boss and watch this solar eclipse without those glasses.

It's telling me you posted this on 1970 wtf

Posted from TSR Mobile
I swear Londoners never get the good stuff :mad: News reporting that we might not even see the eclipse due to so much cloud. Typical.
I swear Londoners never get the good stuff :mad: News reporting that we might not even see the eclipse due to so much cloud. Typical.

Yeah but ask your self would you rather be Scottish?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
It's telling me you posted this on 1970 wtf

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol:

Oh really? I'm in London...I was wondering why I couldn't see anything tbf.
Original post by AR_95

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol but it's true though London is placed in such an awkward place geographically :/

Original post by Dirtybit

Oh really? I'm in London...I was wondering why I couldn't see anything tbf.

Apparently. But it starts supposedly at around 9.25-9.31 anyway hehe :tongue:
Original post by AR_95

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would. Free education? yes please.

You've pulled the short straw if you're born in England and not Wales or Scotland.
Original post by ChickenMadness
I would. Free education? yes please.

You've pulled the short straw if you're born in England and not Wales or Scotland.

Wrong thread

Anyways I personally think London is much nicer than cities in Scotland.
Original post by AR_95
Wrong thread

Anyways I personally think London is much nicer than cities in Scotland.

I don't even know what this thread is about I just opened it and saw your post lmao.

Ye but you can start off in Scotland and get free education then just move to London afterwards. Thats how I would play it out if I could choose where I spawned.
No but my siblings do, if that makes sense :/ why?

I was just wondering if anyone else was in the same boat as me since my siblings are way older than I am.
I don't even know what this thread is about I just opened it and saw your post lmao.

Ye but you can start off in Scotland and get free education then just move to London afterwards. Thats how I would play it out if I could choose where I spawned.

Fair enough haha

And yeah I get your point
Original post by The.Joker
I was just wondering if anyone else was in the same boat as me since my siblings are way older than I am.

Ah you're in the same boat as my siblings. I'm 9 years older than the next one.

I don't even know what this thread is about I just opened it and saw your post lmao..

Social thread for the football forum :smile:

Latest