The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Chemistry 6ch04/05 JUNE 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Dasha Koby
guys, can anyone show me how to draw that apparatus for the nitration of benzene?
edexcel are really harsh, the have canceled the benefit of doubt thingie, and as a second language learner I find it really hard to get the exact wording ://// need an A to get to my first choice ;'(

is this for an exam quesion?
Original post by bladex
is this for an exam quesion?

no, it's not, however, it is in the textbook, but only a photograph. I thought may be there are some set things that are necessary to get the marks
I'm so terrible at the section c nmr questions 😩
Does anyone have access to/know where I can find practice questions (that aren't post 2008 edexcel questions)? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by cerlohee
I'm so terrible at the section c nmr questions 😩
Does anyone have access to/know where I can find practice questions (that aren't post 2008 edexcel questions)? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can access pre 2008 papers for edexcel chemistry here: http://papers.xtremepapers.com/Edexcel/Advanced%20Level/Chemistry/

Hope it helps :smile:
Haven't started revision yet but hopefully will soon, week and a half should be enough to cover all the content I guess
Why is there hardly anyone posting on this thread? D:
Original post by CakeIsthebest
Why is there hardly anyone posting on this thread? D:

No idea!
Btw I think there should be separate unit 4 and 5 threads???
No idea!
Btw I think there should be separate unit 4 and 5 threads???

good point i mentioned that too earlier..
Original post by Paras Agarwal

Can this be the unit 4 thread then? And a separate unit 5 thread can be created???

Omg I remember you from last year!
Original post by CakeIsthebest
Omg I remember you from last year!

hiya!! i have absolutely no damn idea why this thread is so dead with the exams round the corner. I had made a thread for the upcoming Pearson IAL unit 6 bio and chem exams. But again IAL and GCE ARE THE SAME THING!!

Once i recover the links to those threads i will put them up haha but again we need to start having some active dicsussion.. brb later with a few questions
Can this be the unit 4 thread then? And a separate unit 5 thread can be created???

i suggest we ditch this thread and make a new one.. or leave a note to the mods to rename this group to unit 4 and you can make a unit 5 thread :smile:
Original post by bladex
x

Hey could you make this the unit 4 thread? Would be much easier having separate threads or each module! Thanks :biggrin:
i suggest we ditch this thread and make a new one.. or leave a note to the mods to rename this group to unit 4 and you can make a unit 5 thread :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3247585&p=54850291#post54850291 Unit 5 thread everyone!!
Reply 54
Reply 55
And does anyone know how to calculate pH of mixtures when there's excess weak acid. There's an example in the hodder book book but I'm still really confused! And seeing as though its in the book its something they could ask!!I know it involves KA but I don't know how to work out the values of [X-] and [HX] :/ I'm alright now when there's excess strong acid and excess base just can't get my head round this!
Reply 56
For example how would you work out the Ph of a mixture when 25cm3 of ethanoic acid 0.5M is added to 20cm3 of NaOH 0.5M ? :/
Original post by bladex
So this is now unit 4? :smile:

Yea if thats okay :smile:

Original post by bladex
For example how would you work out the Ph of a mixture when 25cm3 of ethanoic acid 0.5M is added to 20cm3 of NaOH 0.5M ? :/

Well you know that ethanoic acid and sodium hydroxide react with a stoichiometric ration of 1 so there are going to be 5cm3 of acid left. That's 2.5x10^-3 moles of acid. Then use the eqn a=vc again with the total volume of solution so 2.5x10^-3=0.045 x c. Then go on as usual for pH calculations

However if they gave you reactants with different states or pH values (such as sodium ethanoate solid and ethanoic acid) you would have to use Ka values.
Reply 58
Yea if thats okay :smile:

Well you know that ethanoic acid and sodium hydroxide react with a stoichiometric ration of 1 so there are going to be 5cm3 of acid left. That's 2.5x10^-3 moles of acid. Then use the eqn a=vc again with the total volume of solution so 2.5x10^-3=0.045 x c. Then go on as usual for pH calculations

However if they gave you reactants with different states or pH values (such as sodium ethanoate solid and ethanoic acid) you would have to use Ka values.

I think I've sorted it I've found quite an easy way from the internet! Thanks! I've been looking for the past half an hour haha :smile: and yeah its not a problem this thread isn't very active for some reason :/ I didn't think anyone would reply!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by bladex
I think I've sorted it I've found quite an easy way from the internet! Thanks! I've been looking for the past half an hour haha :smile: and yeah its not a problem this thread isn't very active for some reason :/ I didn't think anyone would reply!

Easier than the method I said? :O Do you maybe have a link to where you found it? :3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending